Parisian Poodle Pouch
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Our Parisian Poodle Pouch is just plain fun! The template for the poodle silhouette is included with the pattern. Fuse the poodle silhouette in place, and a little shine by appliqueing with Coats & Clark Trilobal Polyester Embroidery thread. A contrasting Coats & Clark Fashion Metal zipper accents the pouch. For extra glitz add a Coats & Clark Silver Zipper pull. To add stability, add some machine quilting and you have a great little bag for cosmetics or other essentials."
NotesComplete instructions and template for the poodle and bag can be found on Yarnspirations/Coats & Clark.
Designed by Marie Duncan for Coats & Clark
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Dual Duty All Purpose thread
- Coats & Clark Polyester Embroidery thread
Coats & Clark Bobbin Thread
- 12” Coats & Clark Fashion Metal zipper
- Coats & Clark Zipper Pull
- ¼ yard (.23m) black fabric for poodle applique
- 1/3 yard (.30m) pink fabric for outer bag
- 1/3 yard (.30m) companion pink fabric for lining
- Paper backed fusible web
Cut: From pink fabric: Two 10” x 10” (25.40cm x 25.40cm) squares
Trace the poodle image on the paper side of the fusible web.Following the instructions that accompany the fusible web, press the traced fusible web to the black fabric. 4. Place the poodle centered on one of the 10” x 10” (25.40cm x 25.40cm) squares
Cut out the poodle and remove the paper. Place the poodle centered on one of the 10” x 10” (25.40cm x 25.40cm) squares
Thread with Machine Embroidery thread on top and Bobbin Thread in the bobbin. 2. Select a zig zag set at a satin stitch setting (3 width, .05 length).
Place stabilizer underneath the fabric. Satin stitch around the poodle. Tear off the stabilizer.
Place both 10” x 10” (25.40cm x 25.40cm) squares on top of batting.Thread with Dual Duty XP All-purpose thread on top and in the bobbin. Quilt as shown (see Yarnspirations website) Trim the quilted pieces to 9½” x 9½” (24.13cm x 24.13cm).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make homemade curtains with this free sewing pattern. These Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains look great in a kitchen or hanging from a… Continue reading: "Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Snowflake Coasters To Sew Free Template
- Easy Unique Christmas Ornament
- DIY Snowmen Angels Face Mask
- Candy Cane Christmas Face Mask Tutorial
- Gingerbread Jewels Fabric Face Mask Pattern
- White Sparkles Holiday Face Mask DIY
- Easy Diy Faux Fur Pompom
- Sew A Faux Fur Santa Hat
- Diy Christmas Face Mask
- Bake Stuff & Christmas Movies Pillow
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners