Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
DIY Couture Cropped Pants Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
If you're in the market for versatile, comfortable, and high fashion trousers, look no further than this DIY Couture Cropped Pants Tutorial!
This above-ankle cut is flattering on any body type, and it can be dressed up or down. Pair these DIY pleated trousers with a blazer and a pair of heels, and you're ready for the office. Pair them with a classic white tee and sneakers, and you're ready for a picnic in the park.
However you dress this cropped pants pattern, professional or laid-back, it's guaranteed to be your new favorite piece of clothing! Fastened with a front zipper, these pants couldn't be a better fit.
When it comes to couture clothing, you know it's going to be delicate, chic, and fashion-forward. These pants are tailor-made to showcase and can be worn in so many ways. You're sure to have fun sewing these DIY pants and wearing them, too!
Sign Up For More Free Patterns >>>
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 8'' Scissors
- 8'' Fabric shears
- 6'' Shears
- Pants pattern with fly front (e.g. Vogue V9032)
- Fabric (according to pattern requirements)
- Zipper foot
- Sewing machine and thread
Want to give your other pants a trendy cropped cut? Check out this tutorial on hemming pants and give your trousers the update they need! 3 Ways to Hem Pants Like a Pro
Follow the pattern directions to cut all paper pattern pieces using the 8'' scissors.
Pin the pattern pieces to your fabric and cut using the 8'' fabric shears.
Depending on your pattern directions, you may need to trim your zipper to size. If so, cut the zipper using the 6” shears.
To create a fly front, interface both extensions of the fly front on the wrong side of the fabric. Follow manufacturer's guidelines for applying the interfacing.
Baste the fly fronts together from the top of the pants' raw edge to the marking where the zipper will end. Stitch with a regular stitch from the bottom of the zipper marking to about 1” from the crotch. Use the 6'' shears to clip the seam in the curve.
Press the extensions open with an iron.
Align the edge of the zipper tape with the basted seam, making sure the zipper is closed and face down. Pin the opposite side of the zipper tape to the extension flap and stitch with a zipper foot.
Turn the zipper back so that the right side of the zipper is facing you. Topstitch along the folded edge of the fabric and through the zipper tape.
Lay the zipper flat against the second fly front extension. Pin the zipper tape to the fly front and stitch.
Place the pants flat on your work surface and prepare for topstitching around the fly opening. With tailor's chalk, mark the bottom stopper of the zipper on the right side of the fabric. Place pin 1/8” above the chalk line so that you avoid sewing over the stopper and breaking the needle.
Pin 1-1/4” away from the basted seam to give you a guide for topstitching. Start at the bottom of the fly and topstitch the fly front.
Use the 6'' scissors to open the basting stitches and give the fly front a final pressing.
About the Company:
This article originally appeared on the Fiskars site. Learn more about Fiskars and what else this company has shared on AllFreeSewing by visiting the company profile here: Fiskars
Read Next5 Minute Skirt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
- 5 Minute Skirt
- Easy DIY Knit Pants Tutorial
- Good Vibrations Circle Skirt Pattern
- The Ominous Pencil Skirt
- Simply Summer DIY Wrap Skirt
- One Hour High Waist Lace Lay Over Skirt
- 40+ Free Shorts Patterns
- 35+ Free Skirt Sewing Patterns
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Enchanting Tulle Skirt
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners