This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Braided, Wrapped, and Knotted Tie Dye T-Shirt Headbands
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Tie dying shirts is fun, but making them into headbands is even more of a blast! I'll show you how to do it with this easy to follow tutorial!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Tie Dye Kit
- White T Shirt
- Sewing Machine
How to Create Your Headband:
Once you have chosen your pattern, fold and bundle accordingly, apply tie-dye according to package directions, and wrap in plastic wrap to keep moist. For the most vibrant colors allow to set for 6-8 hours. If you want to produce more pastel colors only let set for 30 minutes or so.
Once the dye is set to your desired intensity, unwrap, remove rubber bands, rinse off the remaining dye, and toss t-shirt(s) alone in a hot washer with minimal soap. Dry normally and you’re done!
Cut your fabric into nine 1/2-inch strips, long enough to wrap around your head. Create three braids.
Connect the ends of each braid individually by own running them through your sewing machine.
Once each braid is connect separately, line up each braid and run through the sewing machine again, attaching them to each other. You’re done!
Read NextHeadband for the Beginner Seamstress
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners