This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Campfire Plush Toy
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"My toddler Miles has been fascinated by fire-building for a long time. My parents have a fireplace in their home, and in the wintertime he loves helping my dad tote sticks inside, crumple newspaper, and feed the flames. He was also often invited to help stoke the wood stove at daycare, so it's no surprise that fire-building has entered into his play, too. For awhile I was finding little piles of twigs and balls of construction paper tucked away around our house! So I decided to sew him a little felt campfire set!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Cut out your pattern pieces. I did a mix of red, orange, and yellow for the flames, and black for the charcoal/stones.
Attach the small flames to the large flames as pictured using the applique stitch. Sew two large flames together using the blanket stitch, leaving one small section open to insert stuffing. Once you've added the amount of stuffing you'd like, close opening with blanket stitch.
Use the blanket stitch to attach two charcoal pieces to one another, leaving a small opening through which you can insert stuffing before stitching closed. Stitch finished charcoal pieces together until a ring is formed, the right size to hold your flames.
Read NextLua Sleep Sack for Dolls
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners