Easy Felt Clover Embellishment
Whether you just want to add a touch of spring to one of your projects or are on the lookout for last-minute St. Patricks Day crafts to sew, this adorable little felt idea will do the track. In under twenty minutes, you can learn how to applique a 3D clover onto one of your projects.
Felt Clover Easy Sewing Projects make great pins or are a great way to learn how to embellish a pattern. No matter where you put this lucky little idea, it will bring you the luck of the Irish all year long.
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to complete: Under an Hour
Sewn by: By Hand
Want to make the pillow featured in this image? Check out the full instructions for the One Hour DIY Pillow.
- Clover Pattern (click here)
- Kelly green felt ( 7” x 7” inches)
- Dark green felt (small piece)
- Double-threaded hand sew needle
1. Pin the heart to the kelly green felt and cut around it. Repeat 2 more times.
2. Cut out the stem. You should now have 3 hearts, 1 stem and a threaded hand sew needle
3. Fold a heart in half and sew the bottom tip with a few stitches and a fold allowance of 1/4 inch. Cut your thread.
4. This is how your heart looks now from the underside. Repeat with 2 other hearts.
5. Place your 3 hearts side by side with the bottom tip facing and sew them together where you stitched before.
6. This is how your (almost) clover will look like now.
7. It’s time to sew the stem on.
8. And your clover is finished!
9. Sew your clover onto the One Hour DIY Pillow or another one of your favorite free sewing patterns.
Read Next21 St Patrick's Day Sewing Projects