- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Summery Free T-Shirt Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Welcome the summer sun with open (and bare) arms with this free how to make a t-shirt tutorial. It is time to tuck away your sweaters and long-sleeve tees and be comfy cool in summer tops to sew. This Summery Free T-Shirt Pattern comes with a downloadable PDF that allows you to make a t-shirt in sizes XS-XL, making it the perfect fit for any body shape. This free sewing pattern will take you a few hours to make and requires several yards of fabric (depending on the size).
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextOne Yard Kimono Top Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 11, 2018
I wanted to make just one tee from this tutorial and I loved all the tips from the tutorial. If you have trouble making tees then this is the best place to find all the answers. You can get tips from the best threads to use on the cuffs to what fabric is best for your tee.
Nov 14, 2016
I have tried to make T-shirts before but can never get the fabric from stretching way too much on neck,sleeves and bottom hem but I like this pattern so I am going to give it another try soon.I can never find ant T-shirts that I like because I like mine longer than the ones they sell and if I find them they have very limited choices. Has anyone had similar problems with the stretching of fabric? I may try one but make it for now with long sleeves since it is fall. Thanks.
Feb 01, 2017
Weberme, there are several factors to consider when working with stretchy fabric. One is to make sure you are letting the machine move the fabric through and that you are not pulling or pushing too much. If you have a pressure foot adjustment, its also good to lessen the tension on this. Make sure you use a ballpoint, or a stretch needle. And cut your neckline just large enough to go over your head. You might also consider using facings on the neckline to help give the material more stability.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Portable Sewing Station
There is nothing worse than trying to juggle your pin cushion, scissors, needles, buttons, and other sewing must-haves while trying to… Continue reading: "Portable Sewing Station"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners