This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Zipper Fun: Sew in a Zipper With These 6 Free Sewing Patterns
- see all comments
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
"I have just downloaded the pattern CARDINAL QUILT Designed by Marie Duncan CCQ0502-031950M and am questioning the gold beak and black face area. There is no instruction as to how to do it."
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Peasant tops are coming back in style as the Bohemian look becomes more popular. This light and airy sewing pattern is perfect for the warmer season. This Peasant Top adds a twist to the traditional peasant shirt with its three-quarter length bell sleeves and slightly more tailored design. This gorgeous sewing pattern would look great on a variety of body types and is very figure-flattering! You can also alter the pattern to make the shirt as short or as long as you need it to be.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- 1m / 1 yard of fabric
Read NextInstant Upgrade Peplum Top Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 11, 2021
I have been sewing for many years. I love this top and will make it but... I do not understand how to get the pattern. How do you print it?
Aug 19, 2019
I'm new at this. Can someone give me a hint about the size range of this top. It's really cute I'd like to make it, but I'm a size 22, so ...
May 28, 2018
I used to never wear peasant tops because I felt like they weren't tailored enough to flatter my figure. However, the geometric bell sleeves and half-sewn front bodice give my body just the right amount of definition while still being comfortably loose. LOVE this pattern!
Apr 20, 2017
This versatile pattern could be used to create a variety of looks. Skip the bell sleeves and create a tailored solid short sleeved top. A gauze or cheesecloth fabric could be used with the bell sleeves for the bohemian look. A nice cotton print and longer bell sleeves gives you another top. All of them easy and all of them using only a yard or a little more of fabric. This is on my to do list for sure.
Jan 20, 2017
I recently came across some Cheesecloth in a fabric shop and remembered some of the hippy style tops I used to wear in days gone by. When I saw this pattern, and the tutorial writer mentioned it would look great made up in something like a cheesecloth, I just knew I was off back to that fabric store to get some. I might even consider some lacy embellishments for the neckline and sleeve hem.
Jun 05, 2016
uses little fabric. Easy to sew and looks really feminine and nice
AFC Editor Annalis a
May 13, 2016
I love simple tops like this. They are super easy to wear and look very chic with a nice chunky necklace!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Letting Out Pants
If you've ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show… Continue reading: "Letting Out Pants"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners