How To Sew A Face Mask With Filter Insert Pocket
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Have you tried making your own face masks? In a time when even hospitals are running low on N95 surgical masks, it’s possibly the best option for helping to keep much-needed medical supplies in the hands of those helping at the front line. Here's a simple guide how to make a DIY face mask with a pocket for filter insert. It is difficult to measure the effectiveness of homemade masks. There are just too many variables - what material/fabric is used, how the mask fits the face, whether it is worn and used properly. People also tend to be less strict with hand washing and keeping safe distance from others when wearing a mask. Impeccable hygiene is key, wearing a mask is secondary. However, for those of you who want to make a face mask, here is my DIY Face Mask tutorial with free printable pattern here so you can start making your own and more for your loved ones."
Notes: In settings where facemasks are not available, healthcare professionals (HCP) might use homemade masks (e.g., bandana, scarf) for care of patients with COVID-19 as a last resort. However, homemade masks are not considered personal protective equipment (PPE), since their capability to protect HCP is unknown. Caution should be exercised when considering this option. Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front (that extends to the chin or below) and sides of the face.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 10+ Patterns for Face Masks
- Simple DIY Phone Wallet
- Kantha Needle Book
- The Best Earwarmer Headband for Kids
- DIY Fabric Wallet
- Passport Wallet Sewing Project
- How To Sew A Face Mask
- Super Simple Face Mask Pattern For Adults And Kids
- How To Sew A Face Mask With Filter Insert Pocket
- Child Size Face Mask
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Sew A Pot Scrubber Out Of Mesh Produce Bags
- Ladybug Plush
- Small Hooded Poncho Pattern
- Non-slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad
- Water-Resistant Zipper Pouch DIY
- Punch Needle Embroidered Pillow Tutorial
- Woven Circle Stitch Tutorial
- Velvet Bow Scrunchie DIY
- Cute Pizza Embroidery Pattern
- DIY Bike Bag for Kids
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners