How To Sew A Face Mask With Filter Insert Pocket
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Have you tried making your own face masks? In a time when even hospitals are running low on N95 surgical masks, it’s possibly the best option for helping to keep much-needed medical supplies in the hands of those helping at the front line. Here's a simple guide how to make a DIY face mask with a pocket for filter insert. It is difficult to measure the effectiveness of homemade masks. There are just too many variables - what material/fabric is used, how the mask fits the face, whether it is worn and used properly. People also tend to be less strict with hand washing and keeping safe distance from others when wearing a mask. Impeccable hygiene is key, wearing a mask is secondary. However, for those of you who want to make a face mask, here is my DIY Face Mask tutorial with free printable pattern here so you can start making your own and more for your loved ones."
Notes: In settings where professional/medical-grade face masks are not available, the general public is encouraged to wear face coverings: "The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great homemade gift idea, this homemade slipper pattern will do the trick. Easily created from an old pair of… Continue reading: "How to Make Slippers From Jeans"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rebecca George from Purple and Lime
- Zipper Tabs Tutorial
- Easy Diy Dice Bag
- Denim Patchwork Quilted Star Decortaions
- How To Make Clear Vinyl Zipper Bags
- Wide Leg Pants Pattern
- The Best Sewing Tools For Beginners
- How To Make A Fall Placemat
- Zippered Pocket Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners