Bag in a Pocket
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Here is a quick bag to make to fold up into a pocket that can be stored in your purse, car luggage, or pants/coat pocket. When you find yourself carrying individual items, you can pull one of these out to make life easier instead of learning how to become a juggler. If you don't want to make the storage pocket, use this technique to quickly make some eco friendly shopping bags. This project can use a fat quarter or scraps. Once you make several, you will be making one in less than an hour."
Thick fabrics may not fold small enough for pockets. Use lighter weight cotton type fabrics which will also mean no added weight to carry. Consider using scrap fabrics, especially to make the pocket or handles. All of the pieces don't have to match. Be creative.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- About a fat quarter of fabric
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- Measuring tool
- Turning tool such as a long knitting needle or large safety pin.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners