This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Stack And Slice Quilted Tote
"This beginner-friendly quilted tote bag pattern is the perfect size for your daily adventures and it also makes a great gift. The stack and slice method is an easy way to make completely unique quilt blocks for customized projects. It’s great with planned colors or a scrappy look.
Using the stack and slice method, each bag comes out different, too. I love how it turned out and this pattern is so easy (or should I say “sew easy”) to make, too. The pattern includes photos and a video with step-by-step instructions."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Sewing machine with free arm, such as the Baby Lock Jubilant or Brilliant
- Cricut 45 mm rotary cutter, acrylic ruler, and self-healing cutting mat
- Fabric shears or thread snips
- Hera marker or fabric marker, pen, or chalk
- Quilting pins or fabric clips
- Cricut EasyPress Mini and Sewing by Sarah Wool Press ‘n Lock Tiles™, or iron and iron safe surface
- Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, etc.)
- Optional: 1/4″ quilting presser foot with guide for seaming and walking foot for quilting through layers
- Universal sewing needle
- 100% cotton thread in coordinating or contrasting colors for bobbin and top thread
Read NextZip Me Up Tote Bag Pattern