This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
Peacock Feather Pillow Case
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"The Peacock Pillow Case is a charming project for using all your lovely scraps. Great for beginners and creative minds."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Fabric for pillow cover: For front, 54cm x 54cm (it will shrink or become uneven, when you sew the feathers in place). For back, 1 piece 35 x 52 cm and 1 piece 40 x 52 cm.
- Any kind of cotton fabric scraps you like for appliqué
- Fusible batting
- Pillow insert
- Pailettes or pearls for eye and crown
- Optional: Fabric for lining and embroidery thread
Apply the fusible to the wrong side of the fabric you want to use for the peacock body. Trace the shape and cut out body piece.
Position body on the center of the pillow. Iron in place. Apply batting on the left side of the front fabric.
Cut out feathers using the pattern.
Set marks where you want to place the feathers, pin them in place and sew a small zig-zag stitch along the edge of each feather. You can now add, by hand or machine, embroidery around the feathers if you want. You can use pailettes, glass beads, pearls or whatever you want to make the crown.
Cut down the edges of the front fabric to 52 x 52 cm.
Lay the fabric wrong side up on your ironing board. Go to the long edge of panels and fold over 1 cm of the fabric. Press this down with your iron. Now fold again by another 1 cm and press again. Now you'll sew this hem down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern is one of those easy sewing projects you do not want to miss. Use a single fat quarter to learn how… Continue reading: "Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 9 Ways to Transform Old T-Shirts Free eBook
- Sunbonnet Key Cover
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners