Peacock Feather Pillow Case
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"The Peacock Pillow Case is a charming project for using all your lovely scraps. Great for beginners and creative minds."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Fabric for pillow cover: For front, 54cm x 54cm (it will shrink or become uneven, when you sew the feathers in place). For back, 1 piece 35 x 52 cm and 1 piece 40 x 52 cm.
- Any kind of cotton fabric scraps you like for appliqué
- Fusible batting
- Pillow insert
- Pailettes or pearls for eye and crown
- Optional: Fabric for lining and embroidery thread
Apply the fusible to the wrong side of the fabric you want to use for the peacock body. Trace the shape and cut out body piece.
Position body on the center of the pillow. Iron in place. Apply batting on the left side of the front fabric.
Cut out feathers using the pattern.
Set marks where you want to place the feathers, pin them in place and sew a small zig-zag stitch along the edge of each feather. You can now add, by hand or machine, embroidery around the feathers if you want. You can use pailettes, glass beads, pearls or whatever you want to make the crown.
Cut down the edges of the front fabric to 52 x 52 cm.
Lay the fabric wrong side up on your ironing board. Go to the long edge of panels and fold over 1 cm of the fabric. Press this down with your iron. Now fold again by another 1 cm and press again. Now you'll sew this hem down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for a DIY home decor piece to absolutely pop in your kitchen or living room? This gorgeous Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair is… Continue reading: "Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gaiter Face Mask Diy
- Make Some Fun Pattern Weights For Your Sewing Room
- Easy Printable Caftan Sewing Pattern
- Which Is Better: Rotary Cutters Or Scissors?
- How To Make A Diy Wristlet With Fabric Scraps
- How To Fix Wavy Serger Seams
- Monster Bookmarks
- Hip Bag For Baby-wearing
- Lunch Box Bag
- How To Sew Lace
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners