This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Peacock Feather Pillow Case
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"The Peacock Pillow Case is a charming project for using all your lovely scraps. Great for beginners and creative minds."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Fabric for pillow cover: For front, 54cm x 54cm (it will shrink or become uneven, when you sew the feathers in place). For back, 1 piece 35 x 52 cm and 1 piece 40 x 52 cm.
- Any kind of cotton fabric scraps you like for appliqué
- Fusible batting
- Pillow insert
- Pailettes or pearls for eye and crown
- Optional: Fabric for lining and embroidery thread
Apply the fusible to the wrong side of the fabric you want to use for the peacock body. Trace the shape and cut out body piece.
Position body on the center of the pillow. Iron in place. Apply batting on the left side of the front fabric.
Cut out feathers using the pattern.
Set marks where you want to place the feathers, pin them in place and sew a small zig-zag stitch along the edge of each feather. You can now add, by hand or machine, embroidery around the feathers if you want. You can use pailettes, glass beads, pearls or whatever you want to make the crown.
Cut down the edges of the front fabric to 52 x 52 cm.
Lay the fabric wrong side up on your ironing board. Go to the long edge of panels and fold over 1 cm of the fabric. Press this down with your iron. Now fold again by another 1 cm and press again. Now you'll sew this hem down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 24, 2017
Love this idea! Translation to English may be helpful when viewing the tutorial. A picture, like this one of the peacock with its feathers strung around the body, is really all that is needed to duplicate the idea. I would cut out the feathers and the body of the peacock from bright fabric colors, back with fusible web, iron in position and machine stitch all in place.
Jun 27, 2016
A fun project to go with my peacock quilt.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Winter Garden Purse Pattern
Make a purse that will add some green to the grey skies and cold snowy days of winter this season when you make the Winter Garden… Continue reading: "Winter Garden Purse Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Plastic Bags Holders
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners