Two-Hour Summer Shift Dress
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"We are deep in the middle of this hot, sticky summer, and a breezy, oversize shift dress is basically my July uniform. I sewed up this lightweight denim one in about two hours this past Sunday! Read on for a tutorial that will teach you how to sew your own simple shift dress."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 2 yards of fabric (linen or lightweight denim)
- A dress that fits you well, or a paper pattern made from a dress that fits you well
- Pins, complementary thread, and a sewing machine
- Heat 'n Bond tape (or similar), iron
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilting Grip Gloves
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners