9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Bursting Buds Table Runner Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Dive into your scraps, locate some beautiful and bright fabrics, and learn how to sew your very own floral table runner in a few hours. The Bursting Buds Table Runner Pattern shows you how to combine free motion quilting with free applique designs to construct a lovely piece of kitchen dcor that will easily brighten up your space. This free quilting pattern would be a great way to learn some new quilting techniques while creating a project you will cherish. If you do not have enough scraps to make the pretty petals, check out the bargain bin of your local fabric store or use old clothing!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free Motion Quilting Tutorial
Read NextMounted Sewing Room Idea
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 16, 2017
This is such a happy quilt. A great pattern for a beginner. The appliques are very easy to cut out. A perfect way to learn how to free hand your quilting. My favorite stitch is stippling on quilts. The pattern would be great for spring as shown but think about in all the glorious colors of fall.
May 01, 2017
This is really fun and -- as my mom would say "whimsical." I can see it in all different colors too oranges and browns for fall. It would also be fun for Christmas, but that would probably need a new pattern.
Mar 17, 2017
I love a y pattern that brings in nature and uses fabric scraps! This leafy design is so pretty. If you really are industrious and want to glam it up a bit you could add some flat metallic ribbon or ric rac or other trim here and there to outline some of the leaves or the vines that intertwine the design! Thanks for sharing this fun and lovely project!
Mar 01, 2017
Such a bright and beautiful project. The instructions all seem very clear and easy to follow, even for someone like me with a very limited knowledge of quilting. I could get right up to the part where the blogger began to Free Motion Quilt and then I would have to do some serious research to find out what all those terms mean. For this reason I think it would be helpful if the blogger put in some links to various tutorials on Free Motion Quilting.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket
With the Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket you'll never be in need of a baby shower gift again. Made from just two pieces of flannel… Continue reading: "Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners