- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Rope Bowl Sewing Project Idea
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
If you are looking for DIY home dcor ideas that will add an interesting flair to your space, check out the Rope Bowl Sewing Project Idea. This too clever sewing project idea shows you how to transform humble rope into a beautiful, handy bowl. Displaying a funky nautical feel and perfect for movie nights with the kids, these DIY sewing projects only take minutes to make and are much sturdier than other sewn bowl ideas. These would make great little bowls to keep cosmetics in, as well.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextOne Minute DIY Coasters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 23, 2018
Love the rope bowl project. The video tutorial illustrates just how super easy it is to make one. Nylon clothes line ropes are inexpensive depending on length and come in so many colors today. This would make for an interesting housewarming gift too. The ones with handles are very intriguing.
Feb 16, 2017
You know how you save rope and cord in case you need it later, and it accumulates but you don't want to toss it .... Well we all have that junk drawer with rope and this is the perfect and practical solution to its use! I could see adding a little charm, medallion, or sea shell with either gluing it topically, or using a link as you coil it around for a bit of eye interest as another option! Nice to use for a beach setting or theme too! Thanks for a fun project!
Jan 05, 2017
This is such a cute idea! What a great gift for a movie lover!
Nov 05, 2016
I love this Rope Bowl Sewing Project Idea! I bought about 50 yards of rope at my local retail store a year ago. I thought I can do something with this. It is still sits in my craft closet. Now I have a great idea what I'll be doing with it thanks to this idea. It's time to pull out my sewing machine and start making bowls. Way to cool and so unique, that I think anyone would like getting one as a gift. They can be used as a catch-all bowl. Thank you so much for sharing this free sewing project.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
How to Resize a Bra
If you have recently lost a lot of weight or happened to purchase a bra that is a few sizes too big, this How to Resize a Bra tutorial… Continue reading: "How to Resize a Bra"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners