This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Make a menswear-inspired shirt dress from 3 men's dress shirts purchased at the thrift store. Start with a well-fitting shirt to save time. Then make ruffles from the other 2 shirts. This upcycle project is easy for beginners because it's all straight-line sewing. In less than one hour, you'll have a lightweight, flowy dress perfect for warmer weather. Or make it in flannel for cooler weather. Have fun mixing patterns and colors to make it your own design."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 3 men's dress shirts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 40+ Ideas for What to Make with Old Jeans
- Easily Maintained Market Totes
- How To Make A Cape From A T-shirt
- Upcycled Diy Sunglasses Case
- Upcycled Sweater Mittens
- Upcycled Denim Coaster
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Upcycled Plastic Bag Holder
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners