This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Upcycled Skirt from 2 Shirts
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Using a woman's knit blouse and a man's button-down shirt, I created a comfortable, one-of-a-kind skirt! The turquoise shirt had black lining on the cuffs which I was able to use as the waistband front for an extra cute detail!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- One jersey or other soft knit floral women's blouse (thrifted)
- One thrifted button-down shirt - I use men's in a size or two bigger than I would wear to have plenty of fabric to work with
- Basic Sewing Items: Machine is helpful but, can be sewn by hand. Thread, needles, pins, scissors.
Read NextRefashion an Old Scarf
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Refashion an Old Scarf
- Super Simple T-shirt Quilt
- 40+ Ideas for What to Make with Old Jeans
- Elegant Bell Sleeve Top Refashion
- How to Make Slippers From Jeans
- Denim Wine Bottle Gift Bag Tutorial
- 25+ Things To Do With Old Socks
- Little Dinosaur Hoodie Tutorial
- 50+ Uses for Old T Shirts
- Vintage Sheet Robe Refashion
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Kids Robe Pattern
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners