Birds In The Air Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"The Birds in the Air quilt block is a classic block that has been used since the era of the civil war. In this tutorial you will learn how to make TWO blocks at the same time. For this block you will start with half square triangles and rectangles. They are sewn in a specific pattern. Then a large rectangle is sewn to the pieced rectangle. Angled lines are drawn and sewn on. Then the cut down the center and you will have TWO Birds in the Air blocks. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pumpkin Spice DIY Dish Towel
- How to Fix a Hole in Pants Without Sewing
- Apron Ties And Trim
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How to Organize Your Room
- What Can Be Embroidered?
- Free Jolly Bar Quilt Pattern
- Easy Fat Quarters Scarf Pattern
- How To Sew Quilted Fabric Bookmarks
- Free Baby Shorts Sewing Pattern
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners