45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners
Try your hand at quilting with these free quilt patterns that are perfect for beginners.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Always wanted to learn how to make a quilt? We know that creating a quilt from start to finish can seem like a daunting task. To ease your worries, we've put together this helpful collection of free easy quilt patterns.
The easy quilt patterns for beginners you'll find here have been chosen specifically to help you learn how to make a quilt. Even if you have no experience quilting, our free quilt patterns will encourage you to give it a try. There is truly nothing as rewarding as taking on a new skill and mastering it. Check out these easy quilt patterns for beginners and go from novice to pro!
Did we mention our free quilt patterns range from traditional to trendy? No matter what kind of quilt personality you have, the free quilt patterns we've rounded up here will inspire you to give quilting a chance. It may even become your new favorite thing to sew!
The best thing about all of these easy quilt patterns for beginners, is that you'll be led through each step from start to finish. And if you're a fan of saving fabric scraps (who isn't?), quilting is truly the craft for you! Gather up the remains of your favorite fabrics and take look at some of these scrapbuster projects. You're sure to find a new, creative way to put those lovely fabrics on display. We hope you enjoy these simple, easy quilt patterns for beginners.
PLUS, don't miss our new video on How to Design a Quilt Pattern! And be sure to check out our sister site FaveQuilts for every quilt pattern you could imagine.
Table of Contents
Free Quilt Patterns You'll Love
One of the best things about quilting is using bright, colorful fabrics and free quilt patterns like these to create something truly beautiful. The free quilt patterns we've chosen to share here are great because they're easy to follow and won't require you to go out and buy a ton of new fabric. Instead, clean out your stash and find the stuff you've been saving for a special project. Our free quilt patterns are designed to help you create useful projects and things you'll actually use. Whether you're working on a lovely table runner, a home decor piece or a warm blanket, these fun and simple ideas will inspire you to create! Check out these free quilt patterns and start working on your next quilting masterpiece.
Find your new favorite quilt pattern on our sister site, FaveQuilts! This collection page is voted #1 by FaveQuilts' readers. 101+ Best Quilt Patterns for Free: Quilt Block Patterns, Quilt Patterns for Baby, and More
Free Quilt Block Patterns for Projects
Instead of taking on an entire quilt, maybe you'd rather check out some free quilt block patterns that are super quick. Start off with something small and see where it leads you. You're sure to love the results. All of the free quilt block patterns featured here are pretty and colorful. Using free quilt block patterns, you can create small projects or larger projects depending on what you're looking to make. If you simply want to sew together a few of your favorite fabric scraps, let these free quilt block patterns deliver fun ideas. Ready to tackle a quilting project? These free quilt block patterns will show you it's not so scary after all!
If you like these quilt ideas, you'll love 13 New Free Quilt Patterns + 8 Easy Quilt Patterns. 13 New Free Quilt Patterns + 8 Easy Quilt Patterns
More Free Easy Quilt Patterns
Finally, we've delivered free easy quilt patterns so you won't feel challenged to take on advanced projects. When you opt to try these easy sewing projects, you'll find that quilting is just a matter of sewing lots of smaller pieces together like a puzzle. No need to make things more complicated than they need to be. Our blogger friends and designers have kept things simplified in the free easy quilt patterns you'll find below. Make warm, cozy blankets or large quilts for the beach! These are not your grandmother's quilts. Check out everything from trendy to traditional ideas.
What do you love about quilting? Let us know below in the comments! Plus, be sure to check out our sister site, FaveQuilts, for every quilt pattern you could imagine.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Pink Rose Quartz Butterfly Quilt
- Patchwork Picnic Blanket Tutorial
- 45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners
- Scrappy Flora Easy Quilt Tutorial
- Botanique Quilt
- Starflower Block Tutorial
- Christmas Tree Block
- How to Make a Quilt: A Beginner's Tutorial
- Fabric Scraps Quilt
- How to Quilt like a Designer: Coats & Clark Sewing and Quilting Inspiration
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sewing by Hand: How to Sew Straight
- Excited to Exercise DIY Leggings
- 1930s Sewing Patterns: Sewing and the Great Depression
- Diaper Changing Pad
- Candy Corn Halloween Costume
- 13 DIY Tree Skirt Pattern Ideas
- How to Decorate for Halloween
- 38 Thanksgiving Sewing Projects for the Family
- My First Sewing Machine: Tips From Our Readers
- Fairfield Pillow Inserts
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners