- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
16 Perfect Patterns for Baby Quilts
Find girl, boy, and gender neutral baby quilt patterns that are absolutely perfect for any nursery!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Baby blankets are a time-honored tradition when it comes to giving expecting parents a personalized baby gift, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait for someone to make you one.
After all, you know what’s best for your baby (and your nursery’s color scheme).
Find something you love from the bloggers we love among these 16 Perfect Little Baby Quilt Patterns and get quilting!
There’s something for every kind of nursery and every kind of baby here. Whether you want to use fun motifs like animals or balloons or you would prefer a more soft and subdued pattern, these quilts are just what you’ve been looking for.
These DIY baby quilts are soft, adorable, and perfectly sized for your little baby. What more could you ask for?
Below, you'll find the most stunning free baby quilt patterns featuring animals, geometric patterns, pictures, and more!
Want more sewing inspiration? Sign up for our free newsletter!
Perfect Patterns for Baby Quilts
Don't miss out on your new favorite free baby blanket pattern design! Every single one of these patterns is a must-have for upcoming pregnancy or birth announcements, baby showers, or baby birthdays.
Animal Baby Quilts
These free baby quilt patterns feature animals, which are always adorable and fitting for a cute little baby.
- Beech Tree Lane Handmade — Elaine shows us just how wise animal quilts are with this adorable little owl baby quilt. Pictured below!
- Holly and Olive — The zoo is on parade with Debi’s modern strip quilt.
- Katie’s Quilts and Crafts — Turn your baby’s nursery into a wild jungle with this cute monkey baby quilt by Katie.
Geometric Baby Quilt Patterns
Lots of gender-neutral baby quilt pattern options when you go geometric. The reason we love these is that you can use just about any fabric you want and the result is always beautiful.
- Stacy’s Craft Designs — The cool colors of Stacy’s chevron quilt pattern will perfectly match the soothing tones of your nursery.
- Finding Pins and Needles — This herringbone quilt pattern by Bethany is a great challenge for new quilters.
- Girls in the Garden — The stacked stripes of this pattern are perfect for your little man, according to designer Lori.
- Shiner’s View — Lisa’s pretty purple diamond baby quilt is a wonderful addition to any little girl’s room. Pictured below!
Never made a baby blanket before? Don't be daunted! Check out these easy patterns: How to Make a Baby Blanket: 10 Baby Blanket Patterns for Sewing Free eBook
Classic Square Baby Quilt Patterns
How gorgeous are these quilt patterns for baby? So many stunning designs that would work perfectly in many nurseries.
- Diary of a Quilter — Amy’s tutorial on how to make a four-patch quilt is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.
- My Sew Called Life — This blocky, personalized quilt pattern by Kiki is made for royalty. Pictured below!
- Quilts by Me — This soothing green and gray bento box quilt pattern is a great gender-neutral baby quilt.
Rag Quilts for Babies
Rag quilts are one of the most classic quilt designs and they work very well for a nursery. The frilly rag edges are soft and add lots of texture.
- I Can Teach My Child — Jenae teaches us how to make the perfect rag baby quilt in this tutorial. Pictured below!
- The Crafty Blog Stalker — This minky rag quilt by Katie is so soft, making it just the thing for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Cocoa Pie Creations — Not only is this pattern by Krysta a rag quilt, but it’s also personalized!
Baby Quilts With Pictures
Basically works of art, these perfect patterns for baby quilts involve beautiful images that would look fantastic hung on the wall or laid over the crib. How pretty!
- Woodberry Way — It’s up, up, and away with this hot air balloon baby quilt by Allison. Pictured below!
- Quiet Play — If you want your child to grow up with Luke and Leia, you won’t find a better baby blanket than this LEGO Star Wars inspired quilt by Kristy.
- Craft Buds — For a thrifty and creative idea, look no further than this easy quilt pattern made out of old onesies.
Quilts aren't the only thing you can make for your baby. Check out these 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners >>
Did you have a favorite blanket as a child?
Read NextButterfly Garden Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 28, 2017
YES, my grandma made me one and it was my absolute favorite but lost when I moved. I cried. Now I make everyone blankets. That makes me happy.
Sep 28, 2017
Wow, I don't recall a fav quilt as a child but I am obsessed now with making them. Love 9 patch and charm design quilts. rozz01 at cox dot net
theschrouds 613384 3
Sep 28, 2017
Not That I can remember but I have made quilts for all of my grandchildren.
Sep 23, 2017
No I didn't but my grandkids have favorites that I have made them.
Sep 22, 2017
I had the most beautiful quilt in pink and black pinwheels that my grandmother had made for me. I didn't realize how special it was and didn't take care of it properly. It wasn't until she passed away 2 years ago at age 103 just how much I wish I had that quilt back
Sep 17, 2017
I didn't have a favorite blanket as a child, but I have a favorite quilt now that my mom made for me about 30 years ago, I still use it, everyday. So I guess you could say I have a favorite blanket as a child, because I am her child.
Sep 13, 2017
I didn't have a favorite blanket but I DID have a favorite stuffed animal. My close friend group had this discussion once---all of us either had a favorite stuffed animal or a favorite blanket. I had a teddy bear named . . . Teddy. He is still alive to this day.
shenderson001 7981 996
Sep 11, 2017
I did not have a favorite blanket as a child, but I am changing this for my nieces and nephews.
nanagramms3 172805 0
Sep 10, 2017
I actually have a few baby quilts at the quilters as I haven't yet learned to FMQ. I did not have a special blanket as a child. These things were frowned upon. Would love to have a Bernina. I have heard they are a dream to work with. I am limited to the $100 machines at WalMart.
Sep 09, 2017
I have always wanted a Bernina machine. I do a lot of charity quilts. This weekend, I'll be making a baby quilt for an auction to benefit a small child in our area. I love giving to others.
jenciwsmith 705359 4
Sep 07, 2017
Every year my Nanny would make me a new "Nanny blankie". It would have a quilted center, and she would hand sew a silky edge all the way around. The best part was at each corner she would make a little pouch for my to stick my fingers in while sucking my thumb. I still have a number of Nanny blankies I cherish to this day.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Awesome Denim Clutch
At long last, the bag of your dreams is here. Take a look at these instructions on how to make a clutch purse and try to deny that The… Continue reading: "The Awesome Denim Clutch"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners