16 Perfect Patterns for Baby Quilts
Find girl, boy, and gender neutral baby quilt patterns that are absolutely perfect for any nursery!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Baby blankets are a time-honored tradition when it comes to giving expecting parents a personalized baby gift, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait for someone to make you one.
After all, you know what’s best for your baby (and your nursery’s color scheme).
Find something you love from the bloggers we love among these 16 Perfect Little Baby Quilt Patterns and get quilting!
There’s something for every kind of nursery and every kind of baby here. Whether you want to use fun motifs like animals or balloons or you would prefer a more soft and subdued pattern, these quilts are just what you’ve been looking for.
These DIY baby quilts are soft, adorable, and perfectly sized for your little baby. What more could you ask for?
Below, you'll find the most stunning free baby quilt patterns featuring animals, geometric patterns, pictures, and more!
Want more sewing inspiration? Sign up for our free newsletter!
Animal Baby Quilts
These free baby quilt patterns feature animals, which are always adorable and fitting for a cute little baby.
- Beech Tree Lane Handmade — Elaine shows us just how wise animal quilts are with this adorable little owl baby quilt. Pictured below!
- Holly and Olive — The zoo is on parade with Debi’s modern strip quilt.
- Katie’s Quilts and Crafts — Turn your baby’s nursery into a wild jungle with this cute monkey baby quilt by Katie.
Geometric Baby Quilt Patterns
Lots of gender-neutral options when you go geometric. The reason we love these is that you can use just about any fabric you want and the result is always beautiful.
- Stacy’s Craft Designs — The cool colors of Stacy’s chevron quilt pattern will perfectly match the soothing tones of your nursery.
- Finding Pins and Needles — This herringbone quilt pattern by Bethany is a great challenge for new quilters.
- Girls in the Garden — The stacked stripes of this pattern are perfect for your little man, according to designer Lori.
- Shiner’s View — Lisa’s pretty purple diamond baby quilt is a wonderful addition to any little girl’s room. Pictured below!
Never made a baby blanket before? Don't be daunted! Check out these easy patterns: How to Make a Baby Blanket: 10 Baby Blanket Patterns for Sewing Free eBook
Classic Square Baby Quilt Patterns
How gorgeous are these quilt patterns for baby? So many stunning designs that would work perfectly in many nurseries.
- Diary of a Quilter — Amy’s tutorial on how to make a four-patch quilt is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.
- My Sew Called Life — This blocky, personalized quilt pattern by Kiki is made for royalty. Pictured below!
- Quilts by Me — This soothing green and gray bento box quilt pattern is a great gender-neutral baby quilt.
Rag Quilts for Babies
Rag quilts are one of the most classic quilt designs and they work very well for a nursery. The frilly rag edges are soft and add lots of texture.
- I Can Teach My Child — Jenae teaches us how to make the perfect rag baby quilt in this tutorial. Pictured below!
- The Crafty Blog Stalker — This minky rag quilt by Katie is so soft, making it just the thing for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Cocoa Pie Creations — Not only is this pattern by Krysta a rag quilt, but it’s also personalized!
Baby Quilts With Pictures
Basically works of art, these perfect patterns for baby quilts involve beautiful images that would look fantastic hung on the wall or laid over the crib. How pretty!
- Woodberry Way — It’s up, up, and away with this hot air balloon baby quilt by Allison. Pictured below!
- Quiet Play — If you want your child to grow up with Luke and Leia, you won’t find a better baby blanket than this LEGO Star Wars inspired quilt by Kristy.
- Quilters Club of America — Yee-haw! This Wild West cowboy quilt by Lenette is just too cute!
Quilts aren't the only thing you can make for your baby. Check out these 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners >>
Did you have a favorite blanket as a child?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress will make you look and feel so feminine and chic. This dress was inspired by a similar one from… Continue reading: "Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress"
- Star Wars-Inspired Reversible Fleece Quilt
- Coffee Table Quilt
- A Hand-tied Whole Cloth Preschool Quilt
- Seasonal Weather Quilt Blocks
- Quick and Easy Striped Quilt
- Easy Peasy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Preparing a Quilt for Quilting
- Patchwork House Quilt Block Pattern
- 45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners
- Temperature Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Barbie Top Pattern For Beginners
- Rainbow Sewing: 32 Colorful Projects to Sew
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Diy Farmer's Market Tote
- Temperature Quilt
- 3 Way Bag
- Sunglasses Case Sewing Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Sewing Pattern
- How To Make Curtains
- Diy Reusable Sweeper Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners