All About Seam Finishes
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Seam finishes are an important part of the sewing process. At some point in your sewing journey you're going to start thinking, "How can I make the insides of my project look as nice as the outside." Seam finishes are how you do that! Here are 13 ways to finish your seams that'll make your projects look their best. From simple finishes like the ever faithful zigzag stitch to couture finishes like Hong Kong bound seams, there's so many options that'll make you proud to show off the guts of any project you sew."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This… Continue reading: "Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders"
- How to Make Old Clothes Look New and Stylish
- Know Your Skirts Guide [Infographic]
- How To Sew A T-shirt Style Neckband
- Top 25 Sewing Tips and Tricks
- How to Choose the Best Fabric for Skirts
- Adding Piping to a Flap or Collar: The Easy Way
- What Fabrics Can Be Tie-Dyed?
- How to Let Out Pants
- Infinity Scarf
- How to Fix Runs in Tights
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Baby Doll Clothes
- Fat Quarter Kid Apron Tutorial
- Sew Four Easy Bookmarks With A Free Pattern
- Origami Bag / Free Pattern With 4 Sizes
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Summer Tunic Free Pattern
- Balloon Sleeve Puffy Top Sewing Tutorial
- Free Upcycled Baby Shoes Pattern
- Diy Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- Diy Travel Toothbrush Roll Bag
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners