8 Free Quilted Christmas Stocking Patterns
Create gorgeous Christmas stockings that your family will love with these sewing patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
There is something so magical about preparing for Christmas, especially if that prep includes sewing! Create some of the most joyful decorations of the season with these beautiful 8 Free Quilted Christmas Stocking Patterns. Each of these stockings has a unique look so you'll have a fun choice to make.
Add a lovely and cozy touch to your Christmas with each stitch. Don't be intimidated by the prospect of giving your stockings a quilted look. You just need a little bit more time, and before you know it you'll have a beautiful addition to your Christmas home decor that will be treasured in your family for years to come!
The fun part about quilting projects like these is that they can be an upcycling opportunity. Some of these patterns are made with old sweaters or fabric you have no other use for, which is super sustainable. Recycled Christmas crafts add a fun new element to your crafting life!
Any of these patterns can be personalized to make them totally unique for each of your family members. No matter which one you choose, you'll have a beautiful addition to hang on any mantelpiece!
Interested in more patterns and inspiration? Sign up for our free newsletter!
Find this and more unique sewing projects you'll love as part of National Sewing Month 2021
Patchwork Quilt Christmas Stocking
There's nothing more homey than the look of a patchwork quilt, so bring that to your Christmas stockings with this pattern! Unlike other quilting projects, this one is geared towards beginners. You don't have to be a sewing expert to have beautifully vintage Christmas stockings.
Quilted Christmas Stocking Sewing Pattern
Bright white with a cheery red top, these stockings are just gorgeous. The heavier red thread helps create the quilted look. This stocking style will be a great addition to your Christmas home decor. You'll feel tempted to keep them up all year!
Fat Quarter Christmas Stocking
If you need to use up those extra fat quarters that are lying around, check out this super cool pattern! Since fat quarters come in so many colors and patterns, you'll be able to completely customize your Christmas stocking to reflect your themed decorating. Enjoy the freedom to create with this sewing project!
Adorable Argyle Christmas Stocking Pattern
Who doesn't love argyle? Bring your favorite look into your Christmas celebration with these stockings! The edge of the stocking is made with soft fleece to give a unique texture to the stocking, too. Have fun creating a classic look with this pattern!
Looking for more ways to make a homemade Christmas? Learn how to make Christmas ornaments you can be proud of with this list of adorable, festive, and easy DIY Christmas ornaments in our collection of 20+ Christmas Ornaments to Sew for a Holly Jolly Holiday
Recycled T-Shirt Stocking
When it comes to free quilted Christmas stocking patterns, don't discount upcycling. You would never guess from the look of this stocking that it is made from an old t-shirt! This is the perfect project to introduce you to upcycling in your crafting life. Revamp and recycle all in one sewing pattern with this beautiful Christmas stocking!
Elf Christmas Stocking
Add a touch of whimsy to your Christmas home decor with this Elf Christmas Stocking! Made in the shape of your favorite holiday friend's shoe, these stockings are sure to bring a smile to your children's face. Plus, these can be personalized to include the names of your loved ones, and you can even choose whether you decide to quilt or not.
If you'd like to have a more simple and modern theme for your Christmas home decor this year, check out this sweet stocking! Soft stripes alongside pastel colors make for a gorgeous mantel. This is another upcycling project that uses two old wool sweaters to make a Christmas decoration you'll want to display every year.
Traditional DIY Christmas Stocking
Don't let the simple name of this sewing project fool you! These lovely Traditional DIY Christmas Stocking use vintage fabric and embroidered elements to create stunning decorations you'll want to center your displays around. You'll love making and sharing these stockings!
Pin This Collection on Pinterest!
Mary Campbell was an editorial intern at AllFreeSewing. Learn more about her work and career aspirations by visiting her profile here: Mary Campbell
Read NextSweater Stocking
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Sweater Stocking
- 28 Free Christmas Stocking Ideas
- Chic Easy Christmas Stocking Pattern
- 8 Quilted Christmas Stocking Patterns
- Fat Quarter Christmas Stocking
- Family Heirloom Christmas Stocking
- Adorable Argyle Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Christmas Stocking Bunting
- Sweater Christmas Stocking Pattern
- The Right Size Sew Christmas Stocking
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners