This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Kawaii Gift Box
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Kawaii is a Japanese word describing cuteness. I was first introduced to it through amigurumi (crochet and knit dolls), but you can infuse kawaii into almost any sewing or crafts project! The Kawaii Gift Box is a quick sewing project made with graphics from Cricut Design Space. It can be a small gift (it makes a cute stocking stuffer or pocket pal for a child), an ornament if you add a ribbon loop, or a gift wrap embellishment if you use Fabri-Tac glue to attach it to a wide ribbon. It’s a great introduction to sewing with leather and includes a link to my 13 Tools and Tips for Sewing with Leather for the First Time.
Finished Size: Approximately 3” (7.5 cm) square before stuffing. Tools Cricut Maker with Cricut Design Space and Cricut Access subscription. Cricut EasyPress Mini with EasyPress Mat, or mini iron with other heat-safe surface. Cricut Fine Point Blade, Cricut Deep Point Blade, and StandardGrip and StrongGrip Mats. Cricut Weeder. Clover Tapered Tailor’s Awl. Cricut Sewing Kit or basic sewing supplies (thread snips and thimble). Sewing machine with Teflon Foot. Schmetz Leather Needle.
Materials: Kawaii Gift Box cut file in Design Space. Cricut Metallic Leather in Silver (for box). Cricut Leather in Cranberry (for bow). Cricut Glitter Iron-On in Lipstick (for smile). Beacon Fabri-Tac glue. Madeira Aerofil Polyester thread in a color to coordinate with your bow or box. Small amount of Fairfield World Poly-Fil fiber filling. 6 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair; or Cricut Glitter Iron-On in Black (for eyes). Oriental Trading Christmas Bag of Buttons – 1 red button."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextDIY Plush Polar Bear
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners