Scrap Fabric Wall Art
Save that big, blank space on your wall from monotony by creating this Scrap Fabric Wall Art. In as little as six steps you can learn how to transform your fabric scraps into wall art that's completely original to your space. Requiring no sewing, this DIY wall art still has the appearance of a carefully crafted piece of decor. Spend less than an hour putting this trendy mixed media canvas together for your room.
- Print out an ampersand onto regular paper.
- Cut it out using the six inch Amplify® Mixed Media Shears. These Amplify® Shears are really nifty to get all those curves and corners cut out!
- Use the eight inch Amplify® Shears to carefully cut out strips from the burlap, metal, cork and felt.
- Adhere these strips onto the ampersand alternating the textures.
- Once you have the entire ampersand covered, flip it over and carefully trim off the excess hanging over. You need to be slow in your cutting as you move from one textured material to another.
- Once the entire ampersand is ready, add it onto the canvas that you prepared. To ensure that the ampersand is the focal point, keep the background canvas simple. You can tear strips of paper and newspaper and adhere them to random parts of the canvas; then cover the entire surface with two thin coats of gesso.
Read NextFabric Covered Wall Panels