Reusable Do It Yourself Face Mask
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"You can do your part in the wake of Covid19 by making your own face mask. Our design is washable and thus reusable plus it is comfortable and fits snugly along the face covering both your nose and mouth. N-95 masks should be reserved for health care and first response personnel so they can safely help their communities. Our mask can be placed over the N-95 to make extend their use. MainelyDiY has a downloaded printable pdf pattern, the instructional video, and more relative information."
Notes: In settings where facemasks are not available, healthcare professionals (HCP) might use homemade masks (e.g., bandana, scarf) for care of patients with COVID-19 as a last resort. However, homemade masks are not considered personal protective equipment (PPE), since their capability to protect HCP is unknown. Caution should be exercised when considering this option. Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front (that extends to the chin or below) and sides of the face.
NotesDownloadable printable pdf available at MainelyDiY. Our mask is for personnel use only or made be donated at no cost. Effectiveness has not been tested. Please follow CDC guidelines.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- Downloadable, printable pdf pattern from MainelyDiY
- Tightly woven cotton fabric 13" x 7"
- Flannel 13" x 7"
- 1/8" round jewelry elastic or narrow flat elastic - 32" is more than enough
Cut out 2 from outside cotton
Sew center seam using 1/4" or narrower seam throughout
fold pattern along cut for lining and Cut out 2 from flannel
Sew center seam
Sew lining and outside together (right side together) at top nose area and bottom chin area
Turn right sides out
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress will make you look and feel so feminine and chic. This dress was inspired by a similar one from… Continue reading: "Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make The Cutest Mini Fabric Bin!
- Mason Jar Pincushion
- DIY Circle Swimsuit Cover Up
- Adorable Bakery Embroidery Pattern
- Upcycled Jeans Fabric Basket
- Why And How To Use Interfacing
- 16 Face Coverings to Sew
- DIY Coffee Cozy with Photograph
- DIY T-Shirt Dress
- Colorful Washable Rug DIY
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners