Reusable Do It Yourself Face Mask
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"You can do your part in the wake of Covid19 by making your own face mask. Our design is washable and thus reusable plus it is comfortable and fits snugly along the face covering both your nose and mouth. N-95 masks should be reserved for health care and first response personnel so they can safely help their communities. Our mask can be placed over the N-95 to make extend their use. MainelyDiY has a downloaded printable pdf pattern, the instructional video, and more relative information."
Notes: In settings where professional/medical-grade face masks are not available, the general public is encouraged to wear face coverings: "The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."
Next-Gen Mask Challenge
The Next-Gen Mask Challenge is offering a $1 million prize split to three teams that can design a face mask that the general public will adopt.
From XPRISE: "The $1M Next-Gen Mask Challenge aims to reimagine protective face masks used to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by making them more comfortable, functional, accessible, and even stylish."
The Next-Gen Mask Challenge teams will be composed of the next generation of innovators ages 15-24 from all around the world.
Register by October 22, 2020. Learn more at the Next-Gen Mask Challenge.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- Downloadable, printable pdf pattern from MainelyDiY
- Tightly woven cotton fabric 13" x 7"
- Flannel 13" x 7"
- 1/8" round jewelry elastic or narrow flat elastic - 32" is more than enough
Cut out 2 from outside cotton
Sew center seam using 1/4" or narrower seam throughout
fold pattern along cut for lining and Cut out 2 from flannel
Sew center seam
Sew lining and outside together (right side together) at top nose area and bottom chin area
Turn right sides out
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Oven Mitts
- 25 Sewing Projects For Christmas
- How To Make Envelope Pillow Covers
- How To Sew A Drawstring Bag
- Diy Pillowcase Burrito Style
- Hooded Cardigan With Pockets
- Make Your Own 3d Mask- Free Pattern And Tute
- How To Make A Double Welt Pocket Using The 5 Lines Method
- Diy Hooded Towels
- Easy Apron
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners