Reusable Do It Yourself Face Mask
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"You can do your part in the wake of Covid19 by making your own face mask. Our design is washable and thus reusable plus it is comfortable and fits snugly along the face covering both your nose and mouth. N-95 masks should be reserved for health care and first response personnel so they can safely help their communities. Our mask can be placed over the N-95 to make extend their use. MainelyDiY has a downloaded printable pdf pattern, the instructional video, and more relative information."
Notes: In settings where professional/medical-grade face masks are not available, the general public is encouraged to wear face coverings: "The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- Downloadable, printable pdf pattern from MainelyDiY
- Tightly woven cotton fabric 13" x 7"
- Flannel 13" x 7"
- 1/8" round jewelry elastic or narrow flat elastic - 32" is more than enough
Cut out 2 from outside cotton
Sew center seam using 1/4" or narrower seam throughout
fold pattern along cut for lining and Cut out 2 from flannel
Sew center seam
Sew lining and outside together (right side together) at top nose area and bottom chin area
Turn right sides out
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for a breezy and stylish top for spring? You'll love wearing this simple and flowy top that's perfect for layering with comfy… Continue reading: "Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial"
- Beards and Beer Masculine Quilt Tutorial
- How to Make a Quilted Potholder
- How to Read a Sewing Pattern
- Embroidery Hoop Organizer
- How to Make a Baby Changing Pad
- How to Make a Travel High Chair
- Folded Fabric Coasters
- Magic Pillowcase Directions
- Reusable Do It Yourself Face Mask
- How to Sew a Fleece Hat
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- Banner From Felted Wool Sweaters
- Beginner Sewing Techniques - How To Make A Very Easy Credit Card Panel.
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners