This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
How To Sew A Mask Without Elastic
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"DIY Face mask made entirely from fabric. Features adjustable ties, filter pocket and an optional flexible nose piece. Elastic has been in short supply lately, and while there are some alternatives you can use, I thought it would be great to show you how to make a mask without elastic. Can be used alone or over N95 respirators to eventually help prolong their use. There’s an option to add a small nose wire stay at the top — so that it can be bent over the nose to improve the face seal. Note that CDC allows the healthcare providers to use homemade masks only as a last resort option, they are not considered personal protection equipment, and their ability to protect against viruses is unknown."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- main fabric – 9″x 7″ cotton
- lining fabric – 2 pieces 9″x 7″ cotton
- bias tape
- crafting wire (optional)
- sewing machine (optional)
Cut your fabrics to size
Pin both lining pieces RST
Sew the filter pocket by sewing two horizontal lines 2" in from the middle of the short sides and leave the middle unsewn
Pinch upper corners of the top piece and bring to the bottom. Repeat on the backside. The filter pocket is done
Place the main fabric, face down on top of the pocket you just sew, and stitch the short sides
Read NextDIY Cord Organizer
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Easily Maintained Market Totes
What is it that makes these Easily Maintained Market Totes so user-friendly? For one thing, these DIY bags are reusable, meaning that… Continue reading: "Easily Maintained Market Totes"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- Free Curved Top Zipper Pouch Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners