Super Simple Face Mask Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"By now, most countries have some sort of shortage of face masks. So what can you do if you can't get your hands on one? With this super simple face mask you can help protect yourself and those you care about. These self-made masks will not filter out the virus from the air. But it will stop you from touching your face and transporting the virus to your mouth, eyes, or nose where you can be infected. Additionally, it will help keep infectious droplets if you cough, sneeze, or talk, away from others — preventing you from infecting other people if you're a carrier."
Notes: In settings where professional/medical-grade face masks are not available, the general public is encouraged to wear face coverings: "The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."
Next-Gen Mask Challenge
The Next-Gen Mask Challenge is offering a $1 million prize split to three teams that can design a face mask that the general public will adopt.
From XPRISE: "The $1M Next-Gen Mask Challenge aims to reimagine protective face masks used to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by making them more comfortable, functional, accessible, and even stylish."
The Next-Gen Mask Challenge teams will be composed of the next generation of innovators ages 15-24 from all around the world.
Register by October 22, 2020. Learn more at the Next-Gen Mask Challenge.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pattern For A Baby Bib With Square Corners
- Coats & Clark
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Elastic Waist Linen Shorts Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Diy Harvest Apron
- Diy Reusable Duster Cloths
- Learn Three Visible Mending Techniques
- Visible Mending: Sewing Guide
- MaryRose O'Donnell - Editorial Intern
- DIY Ruffled Burlap Table Runner
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners