Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
One Hour Free Apron Pattern
Looking for quick easy aprons? This tutorial will show you how to make one in under an hour!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Whether you are rushing to make a last-minute DIY gift idea or just want to find easy sewing projects to start out your sewing adventures, this One Hour Free Apron Pattern is going to be a joy to create.
This free sewing pattern is reversible, quick, and absolutely adorable. This DIY apron pattern would make a great gift for mom or grandma. You have never seen a sixty-minute make as adorable as this project!
Using just half a yard of fabric with an additional quarter yard for the ties, it is budget-friendly, too! Just look out below for the instructions on how to make this adorable and vintage-style waist apron.
With such a quick pattern to whip up, you can make one for yourself but also all the gals in your life. If you're interested in selling your makes, then this is a fantastic pattern to produce in bulk.
Sign Up For More Free Patterns >>>
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 1/2 yard of cotton fabric for front and 1/4 yard for the ties
- Straight pins
- Paper for corner template
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
Find even more apron patterns and tutorials in our list of reader-favorite aprons 40 Apron Sewing Patterns
Apron Pattern Directions:
See below for these free waist apron pattern steps.
Cut 2 pieces of fabric 21" wide by 14" long for the main apron 3x ties at 21" wide by 5" long.
Cut out your corner template and place it into the bottom right corner of the apron piece, pin and cut around it. Repeat with all remaining bottom corners.
Place both apron pieces with right sides together and pin then sew with a 3/8" seam allowance around the perimeter, leaving the straight top edge open.
Trim off half of the seam allowance.
Turn apron with right sides out and press then top stitch. Leave the top edge open.
To make the ties you want to put 2 tie strips with right sides together and pin the left edges together then sew in place.
Repeat this with the 3rd tie strap and sew it to the right side. You will now have a continuously long strip.
Press the two seam allowances of the tie open.
Fold in both short edges 3/8" and press.
Fold down both long edges 3/8" and press.
Place the apron piece with cut edges into the tie strip so that the apron top edge matches with the tie’s inner folds cut edge.
Pin in place every 1–2". Continue pinning the remaining tie folds as well.
Sew starting on one of the tie ends and continue on over the apron part until you reach the other tie’s end. Backstitch the beginning and ends.
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO ENLARGE.
Check out even more sewing project ideas in our half yard sewing project ideas tag pages.
Who are you going to make this apron for?
Let us know below!
Read NextEasy Patchwork Aprons
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Apr 21, 2017
This is a very easy pattern that would make a very nice gift for almost any occasion, including birthdays, holidays or even a nice hostess gift. The simple look of the apron could be embellished to make it more individual with pockets, ruffles, lace, rickrack and fun fabric. You could customize each apron with fun fabric and make quite a splash when giving a gift!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
One-Hour Water Bottle Bag
Sustainable water bottles help you stay hydrated and help you avoid having to purchase bottle after bottle. Plus, with water by your… Continue reading: "One-Hour Water Bottle Bag"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners