Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
How to Make a Swaddle Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Since itty bitty babies are wiggle monsters, they need help staying still in order to sleep. This is why new moms rely so heavily on swaddle blankets. These soft and secure baby blanket patterns help parents keep little ones comfy and tucked in tight, allowing them to get that much-needed sleep. Be a life saver when you learn How to Make a Swaddle Blanket and give it to a new mom. This DIY swaddle blanket is simple, soft, and easy to make. All you need to do is hem the edges and decorate.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 25, 2018
Oh wow! I wanted to make some for my nieces baby for a gift but looked at some other patterns and they looked too complicated so I passed. I wish I had found this sooner. Great swaddle blanket tutorial. So simple and fast and not much fabric. I love how she designed it with the clorox pen so you can design your own pattern. If you have even wanted to make some for yourself or gifts check out this tutorial. Even has pictured step by step pictures.
Dec 19, 2016
These swaddle blankets are so easy and inexpensive to make. The ones in this tutorial are gauze and make a wonderful comfy, snug swaddle. I have also made them out of cotton knit fabric. My daughter found knit sheets at the thrift store so we cut them into swaddle blanket size and finished the edges. Perfect and budget friendly. You should definitely give them a try. You will love them. I have twin grand-babies on the way so I plan to be busy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Portable Sewing Station
There is nothing worse than trying to juggle your pin cushion, scissors, needles, buttons, and other sewing must-haves while trying to… Continue reading: "Portable Sewing Station"
- Chenille Baby Blanket With Teether
- 15 Minute Baby Blanket Pattern
- All Star Baby Blanket Pattern
- Preemie Blanket Sewing Pattern
- One Hour Baby Blanket Pattern
- Watermelon Seeds Easy Baby Blanket
- 10 Baby Blanket Patterns for Sewing Free eBook
- 40 Easy Baby Blanket Sewing Patterns
- Half Hour Baby Blanket Pattern
- Vintage Hankies Baby Quilt Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners