46+ Free Skirt Patterns
Whether you're searching for a casual or dressy skirt, this list of free skirt patterns is filled with perfect beginner sewing projects!
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you want to learn how to sew a skirt, you've found the right collection! With these 46 Free Skirt Patterns to choose from, you're bound to find something you love. All of the following skirt patterns include detailed instructions that will make it easy for you to create your own skirts. Whether you're looking for something casual like the Dirndle Skirt, or something more formal like the Mulberry Style Paperbag Skirt, we've got a skirt tutorial for you! If you don't have much time, make the 15 Minute Skirt and head out the door in style. Making skirts is always rewarding because no girl can ever have too many. Dress them up or dress them down, wear them in the summer with bare legs or in the winter with tights. Skirts are a staple in every girl's wardrobe. Check out this collection of free skirt patterns and start making your own stylish skirts!
Find more free skirt patterns in our free eNewsletter: Sewing It Up!
Plus, learn how to hem a skirt with our handy sewing video!
Looking for more DIY skirts? Then be sure to check out our collection of quick and easy skirt patterns! 35 Free Skirt Sewing Patterns: How to Make a Skirt Out of Jeans & More
If you love getting dressed up for a night out on the town but hate spending money on expensive skirts, then you'll love this list of dressy skirt patterns and tutorials. From mini skirts that will show off your gorgeous legs to designer-inspired skirts that cost only a fraction of the price to make, these stylish skirts are sure to stop everyone in their tracks. These skirts can take you from day to night, and can be worn with tights for work, and then dressed up with heels for a night out. Go glam this year with these stunning skirt patterns.
- Anthropologie Work SkirtThe Anthropologie Work Skirt is ready to be worn in the office. Make this classy sewn project and you'll save money by not buying more expensive clothes for work.
- How to Make a Scalloped Front SkirtMaking your own scalloped skirt is easy with this free sewing pattern. You'll be the talk of the party with this fancy skirt. People won't believe that you made it yourself!
- Pleated High Waist SkirtFree skirt patterns like this Pleated High Waist Skirt accentuate the smallest part of your torso for a flattering look.
- Date Night Circle SkirtMake a flirty and fun DIY tulle skirt that's perfect for a date night out at your favorite hot spots with this Date Night Circle Skirt. Not only does this beginner sewing tutorial only take an afternoon to make, it also shows you how to create your own skirt pattern from craft paper, which is great if you're on a budget or want to experiment with pattern making.
- Bali the Reversible Skirt PatternThis DIY skirt lives up to its name and is positvely enchanting.
- Cotton Candy Pleated Skirt TutorialDitch boring, basic black for this pretty, feminine pink skirt that is perfect for the office or a night out.
- Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt TutorialMake this lovely skirt you can take from a day look to a night look. The Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt Tutorial will show you how! It's a casual skirt that will great on any body type.
- Mulberry Style Paperbag SkirtMake your own clothes or alter thrift store finds with free sewing craft patterns like this one! The Mulberry Style Paperbag Skirt is easy to make, and it's universally flattering to boot.
- The Pinwheel SkirtThe Pinwheel Skirt looks fancy and store bought. Instead, impress everyone with your sewing skills and make this beautiful skirt yourself. Learn how to sew a pencil skirt with some flair. It's a great sewing project for spring.
- Tulle Snowball SkirtLearn how to sew a skirt that is elegant and charming by following this tutorial.
- Chalk Lines Mini SkirtStep into fall weather in style with this easy sewing tutorial for the Chalk Lines Mini Skirt. You don't have to hide your fabulous legs in long clothes just because cooler weather's moving in.
- How to Make a Skater SkirtIf you're looking for a trendy alternative to body-clinging pencil skirts, this flowy skater skirt is simple, elegant, and appropriate for any work setting.
- Kate Spade-Inspired Midi SkirtPerfect dressing up or down, skirts don't get any more gorgeous than this designer knock-off.
While dressy skirts are fantastic for elegant occasions, every woman needs a go-to skirt that they can wear on a day-to-day basis. This list of casual skirt patterns is stylish and functional, meaning they're easy to move in and can be paired with your favorite tees. The best part about these free skirt patterns is that they're simple to make and use easy-to-work-with fabrics like cotton. Whether you're a stay-at-home mom or make that daily trek to the office, these pretty and practical skirts are total must-makes!
- Simple 15 Minute SkirtIf you've got 15 Minutes, you've got time for the 15 minute skirt tutorial. Everyone will be impressed that you made this stylish skirt in such short time. It's a very wearable sewn project.
- Maxi to Peasant Skirt RefashionEveryone has that one dress hanging in the back of their closet that never gets worn. Transform an unflattering maxi dress into a stylish and lightweight peasant skirt with this Maxi to Peasant Skirt Refashion.
- How to Sew a Circular SkirtMaking your own circular skirt is easy with this free skirt pattern. Once you get the hang of the technique, you can create an all-new summer wardrobe.
- Simple Circle Skirt in MinutesLearn how to sew a skirt that works with your movements. Dress it up or down; either way, this DIY skirt is a winner.
- Pretty Pockets Gathered Skirt TutorialWho doesn't love a skirt with pockets? This simple yet elegant floral skirt is a staple for any woman's spring and summer wardrobe.
- The Perfect Peggy SkirtFor a fresh look revive this vintage style skirt.
- Peggy Carter-Inspired Upcycled SkirtEven an beginner can learn how to sew this easy skirt!
- Comfy and Carefree Skirt PatternLearn how to make a skirt that is warm and wonderful.
- How to Sew a Stretchy Knit SkirtYou don't have to need a reason to learn how to sew a skirt, sometimes your day-to-day wardrobe just needs a new piece. Learn how to make the next wardrobe staple.
- The Ultimate Circle Skirt TutorialIt's so easy and yet so fashionable.
- Namaste Maxi Skirt PatternA gorgeous DIY maxi skirt pattern to wear while you catch some much needed meditation.
- Stretchy Pencil Skirt PatternWear this comfortable skirt around the house for chores or around town for a casual brunch.
- Fiesta Wrap Skirt TutorialLife's a party when you wear this flowing colorful skirt pattern!
- Dirndl SkirtLearn how to make your own clothes with this free beginner sewing project for a dirndl skirt. This project features a gathered mini-skirt that is inspired by a traditional German costume.
- Elastic Waistband SkirtUse this free sewing project to make your own clothes! The elastic waistband skirt is comfortable, flattering, and easy to sew.
- Simple Garter SkirtThis easy skirt tutorial makes a great summer accessory. It's easy to sew and can be paired with a number of tops. You'll probably want to make more than one!
- Unstoppable Pencil SkirtClad in this DIY pencil skirt, you'll feel virtually unstoppable. Conquer the day with confidence with this stylish staple.
- Flattering Upcycled DIY SkirtYou'll look and feel good in this skirt you can make from material you already have.
- Chevron DIY Maxi SkirtThis trendy DIY maxi skirt offers maximum comfort and ultimate style.
- The Domesticated SkirtThe Domesticated Skirt is an example of how to make your own clothes. It doubles up as a skirt and an apron--perfect for woman who loves cute sewing projects and cute clothes.
- Little Darling DIY SkirtYour little girl will be able to play all day long in this skirt.
- Versatile A-Line SkirtWear this free skirt pattern with just about any outfit.
- Lovely Lace Skirt TutorialThis lace skirt is the ultimate feminine piece that takes any outfit from simple to chic.
- Any Day Free Skirt PatternMake this skirt to wear out on the town, at home, at work, or anywhere else. Wear it any day you want.
- Pleated Midi Skirt PatternThis light and airy skirt is perfect for a walk in the warm spring sunshine.
- Super Simple DIY SkirtIf you're a beginner, you'll want to start with this skirt.
Layered skirts are a fantastic way to inject a little spice into your day-to-day wardrobe. Layered skirts perfectly embody the popular bohemian trend, so they're perfect for spring and summer. From free skirt patterns that are perfect for embracing your inner hippie to a petticoat that can be worn by itself or underneath a full skirt, these layered skirts are a great way to give your wardrobe a little something extra.
- Ruffled Peplum Skirt TutorialFor an adorable, feminine skirt, follow the instructions of the Ruffled Peplum Skirt Tutorial. You'll end up with a straight legged skirt and a detachable belt. It's cute for dressing up or for the office.
- PetticoatFollow this free sewing project to make a petticoat, which can be used to add volume under another skirt or worn by itself. The ruffles make a major fashion statement!
- Murphy's Layered SkirtThe Murphy's Layered Skirt has ruffled tiers in bright colors that cascade down to your knees. Try this free skirt pattern and before long you'll be able to make your own clothes.
- Fluffy Chiffon SkirtHow much fun is it to twirl in a little tutu-like skirt? Make this cute Fluffy Chiffon Skirt for the little girl in your life. It will be a special gift they'll definitely enjoy.
- A Simple Skirt TutorialWhen Spring rolls around, it's skirt weather! Check out this skirt pattern and make a two-tiered skirt to try something new. It's a Simple Skirt Tutorial that will lead you to create a simple skirt, perfect for the little girl in your life.
If you can't get enough skirts, then you'll love more of our selection of free skirt patterns. Perfect for any occasion and in any length, from mini to maxi, this list of skirt patterns and tutorials is ideal for any and every woman and includes quick sewing projects and figure-flattering patterns. There's also some fantastic refashioning ideas if you've been looking for ways to breathe new life into your wardrobe. Here's wishing all of you happy sewing!
- Refashioned Mermaid Dress Skirt PatternFrom formal wear to office wear, use this free skirt pattern to create a chic new bottom.
- XOX SkirtThis free sewing pattern helps you learn how to design and make your own clothes, specifically the XOX Skirt, a tiered, ruffled skirt.
- Prom Dress Princess Skirt RefashionTurn an old prom dress into an elegant skirt for less than $10.
- Super Sweet Circle SkirtFor a little more movement in your wardrobe, try this simple tutorial.
- 2 Yard Pleated Skirt TutorialIf you've been searching for the perfect lightweight skirt for spring or summer, then you'll fall in love with this 2 Yard Pleated Skirt Tutorial.
- Dish Towel Skirt TutorialTransform a couple of pretty printed dish towels into a trendy A-line skirt that's soft and durable with this beginner sewing tutorial. This Dish Towel Skirt Tutorial uses three long tea towels to create a skirt that looks expensive without breaking the bank and can easily be made in a single afternoon.
- Half Circle Skirt TutorialLearn how to make a circle skirt for your wardrobe.
- Vintage Tablecloth Skirt PatternLearn how to create a wardrobe staple from unexpected materials with this free skirt pattern.
- 5 Minute SkirtIt takes only 5 minutes to make the 5 Minute Skirt, a free, easy skirt pattern for beginners.
- Fringe SkirtThe Fringe Skirt is fun to wear and move in. Channel your inner 20s with this DIY sewing project. Follow these instructions to make this trendy Fringe Skirt.
- Sleek Pencil SkirtAdd a tenacious but classic piece to your wardrobe by learning how to sew a skirt like this one.
- Extra-Long DIY Maxi SkirtThey are all the rage, and for good reason. Learn how to sew a maxi skirt to create a piece that transcends all seasons.
- Knit DIY Pencil SkirtFor a cute skirt that hugs you the right way, try this tutorial.
- How to Make a Skirt Fit for a SailorThis vintage sailor skirt is trendy, cute, and sure to make a statement.
- How to Make a Skirt from a Shower CurtainSee it to believe it. Seriously!
- Very Retro Christmas SkirtThis vintage-inspired Christmas skirt is perfect for holiday parties!
Stop spending money on expensive sewing patterns and treat yourself to some free printable DIY patterns with our popular collection! 35+ Free Printable Sewing Patterns
What's your favorite style of skirt to wear? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Easy Long Cardigan
- 24 Graduation Gift Ideas for Her
- Linen Napkin into a Bag Tutorial
- DIY Makeup Brush Roll
- 28 Free Summer Shirt Patterns
- Mother's Day DIY Hoop Art
- Embroidered Tunic Tutorial
- Easy Half Circle Skirt
- Floral Flamingo Sewing Machine Cover
- Umbrella Dress Free Sewing Pattern