Tulle Christmas Tree
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"An easy to make Christmas Tree from tulle, accessible to anyone with basic sewing skills, even beginners. The result is a beautiful ornament which can complement your Christmas decor and can be placed somewhere where a full size Christmas tree would not fit. The tree is beautiful in itself and does not need extra decorations. It can be used as a Christmas tree for a fairy house, and can be a project that you could complete together with your children or grandchildren."
NotesThere is a free YouTuibe video tutorial, the link can be found following the HTML link for the project.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Tulle fabric (around 1 yard) sprinkled with glitter
- Thin metal wire – half a yard
- Strong thread for gathering tulle (matching color)
- Small piece of fabric for a star
- Glue (and glue gun)
- Sewing machine
Cut 12 strips for the Tulle Christmas Tree. Patterns in images
You don’t need to finish edges because tulle fabric doesn’t fray.
If you need to get wrinkles out – iron tulle with a thick cotton pressing cloth. Never iron tulle directly – it will melt.
The next step is gathering each strip with a sewing machine. For this you will need to make gathering stitches. Set your machine for sewing gathers – set tension to 0, stitch length to 4. Use color matching thread, strong. Keep seam allowances ⅜ in (or 1 cm)
Pull bobbin thread and gather each strip fully. Cut long threads and tie all threads together. You need to make 12 circles from each tulle strip.
Take a metal wire and make a quick-fit stand – a small ring for the bottom and one central stick for all the layers.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You might think you need years of sewing experience in order to make your own clothes, however this Comfortably Bold Shirt Refashion… Continue reading: "Comfortably Bold Shirt Refashion Pattern"
- Holiday Adventure Time Crafts
- Country Christmas Sewing Projects
- Friendly Little Mice Sewing Pattern
- Christmas Shapes Printable Lacing Cards
- Oh Starry Night Table Runner
- 15+ Religious Christmas Crafts
- Easy DIY Santa Bag Tutorial
- Tulle Christmas Tree
- DIY "Ugly" Christmas Face Mask
- The Best Christmas Stocking Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- Halloween Finger Puppets
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- How To Make A Mask Protector
- Make A Table Napkin From Fabric - Easy Square Corner Method
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners