34 Ways to Decorate for Christmas & Last Minute Decorations to Sew
From DIY Christmas ornaments to how to make Christmas stockings, celebrate the holidays with these Christmas sewing projects!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
We all know the Christmas season can be a hectic time. Between searching for gifts, cooking big dinners, and entertaining family and friends, sometimes the Christmas décor can fall by the wayside. This year, we’ve put together a collection that aims to curb some of your holiday stress. Embrace the joy of Christmas by decorating your home with easy DIY Christmas decorations.
In the 34 Ways to Decorate for Christmas: Last Minute Decorations to Sew, you’ll find quick patterns for ornaments, stockings and more. Sew Christmas decorations to save money and to add some of that DIY flair to your home. When you’re looking to sew DIY Christmas decorations, free patterns are always the way to go. It’s easy – plus, if you sew Christmas decorations instead of purchasing them, you’ll get to steal some time to yourself with the sewing machine.
Relieve stress through sewing and create last minute DIY Christmas decorations at the same time! Here’s our Christmas gift to you – the 34 Ways to Decorate for Christmas: Last Minute Decorations to Sew collection, just in time for the busy holiday season.
Table of Contents
Looking for fast and easy homemade gift ideas? Download our free eBook, 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts. 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
Sewing Christmas Ornaments: Patterns You'll Love
Ornaments make for wonderful Christmas decorations. Sewing Christmas ornaments is simple with free tutorials and patterns. Yes, you can buy ornaments in bulk, but what’s the fun in that? By sewing Christmas ornaments you can give your tree that traditional, inviting look that’s so comforting for the holiday. We can make it easy – sewing Christmas ornaments from these project ideas is a breeze!
- Vintage Car with Christmas Tree DIY OrnamentJourney back to memories of Christmases past with this easy DIY ornament made from felt.
- Felt Ogee OrnamentThis curved homemade ornament has a beautiful, simplistic design and is made from thick wool felt.
- Peas PleasePeas please felt ornaments are cute Christmas pea pods for your tree, so use this Christmas sewing project to make some.
- Faux Quilted Stocking OrnamentUse iron-on ribbon and embellishments to make this faux quilted stocking ornament!
- Felt Mitten and Ice Skate OrnamentThese cute felt mittens and ice skate ornaments are easy to make and look great hanging from any tree.
- Ribbon Candy Twist OrnamentThis ribbon candy twist ornament is a fun Christmas craft idea to make with your kids.
- Cute and Easy DIY Christmas OrnamentsWith a little teamwork and supervision, these Cute and Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments are perfect for holiday family fun.
- Fancy Embroidered Christmas OrnamentsThese Fancy Embroidered Christmas Ornaments are the perfect project to try out your sewing machine's decorative stitches.
- Hot Cocoa Felt OrnamentIf you don't know what to do with felt, then these easy DIY ornaments are perfect!
How to Make Christmas Stockings
Always wanted to know how to make Christmas stockings? Once you make them for you and your family, you’ll have them ready to use year after year. Check out these simple Christmas crafts and tutorials and learn how to sew a Christmas stocking. Sewing decorations for the holidays doesn’t have to be work – make a Christmas stocking and remember all the things you love about this jolly celebration.
- Fun Kids Christmas Stocking PatternThis is an easy to hand sew Christmas stocking that kids can sew by themselves.
- Christmas StockingThis Christmas craft tutorial shows you how to sew Christmas stockings and how to embroider names on them.
- Make A Christmas StockingBeginners are encouraged to try this one! It is one of the easiest stockings you can make.
- O Christmas Tree StockingThe O Christmas Tree stocking looks like a Christmas tree, but it's really a stocking to be hung from the mantel.
- Ruffled Drop Cloth StockingThe ruffled drop cloth stocking is an ingenious sewing tutorial that upcycles an old drop cloth into a fabulous Christmas decoration.
- Sweater StockingMade by upcyling old sweaters, this homemade holiday decor is going to look super cute hanging from your mantle.
- Plaid Christmas Stocking PatternThis Plaid Christmas Stocking Pattern is the best way to create Christmas stockings for the whole family using traditional plaid or tartan print fabric.
- The Right Size Sew Christmas StockingThese DIY Christmas stockings are the perfect size for candy and Christmas treats.
Easy Sewn Christmas Decorations
When it’s time to sew Christmas decorations, turn to these neat ideas. Deck the halls of your home with festive sewn projects. These adorable projects are all a little out-of-the-box, so your home will have a fun, unique look. Say goodbye to generic red and green fairy lights and say hello to festive, easy to sew decorations that will make your home stand out!
- Retro Christmas DishclothsGive your kitchen Christmas style with these Retro Christmas Dishcloths.
- Deck the Halls Christmas Table RunnerIt lends a cozy, homey feel to your Christmas table settings and really brings everything together, not unlike the holiday itself.
- Plush WreathThis how to make a wreath tutorial shows you how to use recycled materials or old fabric and a styrofoam wreath to make some seriously merry and absurdly chic DIY home décor.
- Christmas BuntingMake Christmas bunting to decorate your house for the holidays.
- Christmas Yo Yo DoilyTry this easy, DIY Christmas craft to make a Christmas yo-yo doily, a lacy mat to decorate your home with.
- Mitten Advent CalendarHandmade advent calendars will help your family keep on track and remember the reason for the season.
- Christmas Wall ArtCreate your own Christmas Wall Art with embroidery hoops, fabric and felt.
- Scented Christmas SachetsThese pretty, fragrant sachets require no sewing, so they are perfect for crafters of all skill levels.
- 8 Step CoasterThe 8 Step Coaster offers a process true to its name with quick and easy instructions that deliver a lovely mug rug.
- Fa La La Fleece Holiday PillowsThese Fa La La Fleece Holiday Pillows are so easy and fast that you'll have a warm Christmas atmosphere in no time.
Last Minute Holiday Decorations to Sew
The 25th always sneaks up too soon, no matter how much you prepare. But last minute decorations are sometimes the most fun. If you’re running out of time this holiday season, last minute decorations can work in a pinch. Don't worry! Even at midnight on the 24th, there’s still time to create cheerful decorations that will look beautiful on Christmas morning. Check out these fun ideas and break out the sewing machine.
- 30 Minute Christmas PillowThis reindeer pillow tutorial is a great holiday DIY home decor project to make any room feel cozy and festive while on a budget.
- Hexagon Christmas Tree SkirtThe design for this Hexagon Christmas Tree Skirt is so unique and eye-catching. Who says that all tree skirt patterns have to be round?
- Simple No-Sew Fabric AngelsIf you're looking for a DIY Christmas decoration that has a bit of a rustic flavor, these Simple No-Sew Fabric Angels are for you.
- Christmas Pudding OrnamentsThis felt project is a great opportunity to sew with kids. The applique is incredibly easy, great for beginners, and yields an absolutely adorable Christmas ornament that won't break or tear.
- Last Minute Elf Boot OrnamentHang this little handmade Christmas ornament on your tree or use it as a gift accessory to add an extra little something to the pile under the tree.
- Christmas Miracle Tree SkirtDo you have two hours free and need a skirt for your Christmas tree? Then look no further than this tree skirt design, which takes no time to make and provides a festive solution to covering up the base of your tree.
- Christmas Tree GarlandThe trees on this easy DIY garland make great scrap busters for all of your fun and festive fabrics.
- Christmas Dinner PlacematChristmas can be as stressful as it is fun, so give yourself a break with this easy homemade placemat that will make Christmas dinner looks as great as it tastes.
- Absurdly Easy Santa Hat Christmas OrnamentA tree is only as good as its ornaments, and one or two of these little guys will give a unique flair to your decoration!
- Mini Christmas Bunting TutorialAdd a touch of yuletide cheer to any room with this Mini Christmas Bunting Tutorial.
- 20 Minute Festive Christmas Cake FrillThis season, impress friends and family with this 20 Minute Festive Christmas Cake Frill to make your desserts look as good as they taste!
What's your favorite Christmas movie? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- National Sewing Month 2019
- 20 DIY Window Treatments
- 30 1920s Patterns Coco Chanel Would Love
- How to Sew a Drawstring Bag
- How to Fix a Bra Band That's Too Tight
- Glitter Vinyl Lunch Sack
- Santa or Gnome Hanging Kitchen Towel
- Phone Charger Holder PDF Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners