9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Spring Embroidered Canvas Art
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Mix up your normal sewing routine with a fun embroidery project that adds a pop of color to your living room, bedroom, or office. This Spring Embroidered Canvas Art is a whimsical and charming project that instantly brightens up any room, and mixes embroidery with easy no sew techniques. This fun DIY project is a great way to create trendy home decor on a budget, and is super easy to personalize with your favorite quote or colors. This home decor project is great for teens and tweens who are just learning the art of embroidery, and it's a fantastic gift idea for housewarming or dorm decorating. Try your hand at embroidery with this pretty and bright home decor project.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Looking for more embroidery projects? Then don't miss our list of easy embroidery patterns!
Read NextRope Bowl Sewing Project Idea
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 31, 2017
I have a huge "Want to do" list. This embroidered canvas art project will have to placed on that list. It may even bump a couple of them off the list. I can complete this and stay up to date on my current shows and have a beautiful piece of art in the end.
May 01, 2017
The combination of a great encouraging message and the pretty teal color drew me to this project! From the instructions, it looks like it would take some precision sewing/embroidery in getting the floss to encircle the cord precisely as you go along, making sure that the cording underneath does not show through. An added step to ensure any little movement of the floss over time would not show the white cording underneath might be to first color the cord, easily done with some acrylic paint blended as close to the floss color as possible. The gloss of the floss (I'm a poet and didn't know it!) makes this look especially professional. Great idea and while it does require patience and time, the end result is smashing for sure!
Apr 27, 2017
This spring embroidered canvas art is a great gift to make for anyone and you can do a picture or put on a saying or tell someone how you feel on it. A great gift for Mother's Day or Father's Day or a friend or family member,boyfriend,girlfriend,teacher or yourself. You can add some lace,buttons or any embellishments you choose. Such a great idea and so easy to do. That something different gift.
Apr 19, 2017
This Canvas art really is cute. Gracie has a good idea to make them for gifts and celebrating holidays. I want to make one and personalize it for may aunt.
Apr 19, 2017
What a practical and fun idea! It woudl be perfect for a teenager's room or for a housewarming or apartment warming gift for someone young. It would also be a fun way to celebrate holidays or the season by making different ones for differ holidays or seasons, such as Welcome Spring!
Apr 12, 2017
I really do like this idea. However, it is not like I have any spare wall to hang one more thing. But, my sons have a few empty walls and I think I will embroider something for the both of them. One is a member of a fraternity and the other a Mathematics major.
Apr 06, 2017
I've been wanting to try out embroidery but don't really know where to start. I think this project looks easy enough for a beginner!
Apr 06, 2017
This is so cute; what a great gift idea! Also, I love the message "Choose Joy"!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Plastic Bag Dispensers
Stop shoving all those plastic bags into the cupboard or under the sink! These Plastic Bag Dispensers will solve all your storage… Continue reading: "Plastic Bag Dispensers"
- Rope Bowl Sewing Project Idea
- Turn Your Embroidery Project into a Quilted Wall Hanging
- Vintage Doily DIY Wall Art
- Pretty Petals DIY Wall Clock
- Embroidered Inspirational Quote Wall Art
- Cactus Wall Hanging Sewing Tutorial
- 25+ Blanket Sewing Patterns
- Chic Chevron Letter Organizer
- Bursting Buds Table Runner Pattern
- Sewing Pattern DIY Wall Art
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners