This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Super Easy Quilted Pocket Pillow Cover
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"This super easy quilted pocket pillow cover takes is some basic sewing knowledge. Flawlessly combine different colors and patterns with this interesting, personalized look that will wow family and friends alike. Create an item perfect for gifting that will be cherished by friends and family alike. Plus, use leftover fabric scraps to customize your own unique design. Making this sewing project a great way to stash bust some materials in your sewing room. Pocket pillow cover for a 12-inch x 12-inch pillow insert. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Two-by-Two Quilt Block. Eight Rectangles Fabric, the same size 5-inches X 2 ¾-inches. It is recommended to use at least two different fabrics for a nice contrast.
• Cut 2 pieces, 9-inches x 2-inches.
• Cut 2 pieces, 13-inches x 2-inches.
- Backing and Batting for quilted pillow top. Cut 1 piece 15-inces X 15-inches each. (I used three pieces of white fabric leftover from another quilt pattern. I sewed them together, pressed the seams open and cut to the 15” x 15” size).
- Back of Pillow Fabric. Cut 2 pieces, 9.5-inches X 13 inches.
Rotating Cutting Mat
Ironing Board or Pressing Mat
Read NextNesting Baskets Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Jewelry Box Sewing Kit
Get ready to hit up your local thrift stores because this organization project is something every sewist needs in her studio.… Continue reading: "Jewelry Box Sewing Kit"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners