Sew Maternity Clothes: 23 Maternity Style Ideas
These maternity clothes ideas are some of the prettiest, stylish, and comfortable around.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Do you know a lucky lady who's pregnant? If you're the pregnant one, congratulations! With all the planning you need to do to prepare for this major change in your life, the last thing you want to worry about is what you'll wear while your belly grows. With this page, Sew Maternity Clothes: 23 Maternity Style Ideas, you can learn how to make maternity clothes in no time.
Save time, money and the extra stress of shopping - once you know how to make maternity clothes, you can create the wardrobe that best fits your needs (and comfort level!). Maternity clothes can be frumpy and unflattering, but with these projects, you can create trendy maternity clothes so don't have to ditch your fashion sense during your pregnancy. If you're making maternity clothes for a friend or family member, check out these projects and you can give them what they really need. Use this cute collection to learn how to make maternity clothes.
With these easy tutorials, you can learn how to make maternity clothes from existing items in your closet. Refashion old, baggy tops into something more flattering for you and your growing belly. Take those jeans that almost fit and learn how to add some stretchy knit fabric to sew your own maternity jeans and pants. Learn how to create the best skirts and dresses for your new shape. Sew your own maternity wardrobe that fits your bump without sacrificing your personal style.
Table of Contents
For baby sewing projects, download our free eBook, Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
DIY Maternity Jeans and Pants Tutorials
Learn how to make maternity pants you'll love every month of your pregnancy with these creative refashions and tutorials. You are going to appreciate making DIY maternity pants instead of spending extra money on store-bought versions.
- Lace Trimmed Maternity Belly BandsNo one ever said that maternity clothing couldn't be stylish and fun. These pretty lacy bands can be made in any color.
- How To Add Maternity Band to JeansLearn this essential technique for when you're pregnant and still want to rock those jeans! Maternity jean patterns are great.
- Maternity Pants Tutorial Let the Maternity Pants Tutorial show you how to make your pants fit just right and comfortably any of the 9 months.
- Stretch Knit Pregnancy Band TutorialStaying comfy during a pregnancy can be difficult, but this maternity sewing pattern will keep you from frustration.
- Converted Maternity Pants TutorialThis Converted Maternity Pants Tutorial proves that there's no need to buy new pants, just make adjustments to what you have.
- Easy Maternity JeansDid someone say easy? That's just what you need when you're exhausted from pregnancy. Make these quickly for any month.
- Letting Out PantsThis helpful link will show you how to make pants bigger by letting out the waist. Great for pregnancy or weight fluctuations.
How to Make Maternity Skirts and Dresses
When it comes to maternity clothes ideas, the most comfortable may have to be a well-fitting skirt or dress. There's no reason you can't be fashionable and still save money as your tummy grows. Take a look and make one or two yourself.
- Maternity DIY Maxi SkirtSolve this clothing woe by making the Maternity DIY Maxi Skirt in your favorite color. This insanely comfy skirt can be any size.
- Maternity Skirt TutorialThis skirt is the essential cute and comfy design you've been looking for. Make it and spend your days in comfort and style.
- Modest Maternity Mini SkirtWe love this tasteful mini skirt design! No need to be too demure while pregnant, especially with this saucy design.
- Make Mommy Happy 30 Minute DressThe name says it all! Not only is this dress easy and quick to make but it's going to brighten any mom's mood any day.
- Nursing Maternity Maxi DressFace it, you could use this DIY pregnancy dress, not only for your nursing days ahead but to feel great anytime it's worn.
- Maternity Empire SkirtThis skirt is stylish, fun, and so easy to sew. Who doesn't love the Empire style? This version is easily made for maternity months.
- Maternity Maxi DressMaternity clothes don't have to be a bore. Learn how to make clothes like the Maternity Maxi Dress with this fabulous pattern.
- Ultra Convertible Skirt and Dress ComboConvertibles and combos are the most helpful of all clothing items because they are so versatile. You're going to love this!
Maternity Top Patterns
Design your own maternity shirt with these fashionable tutorials, patterns, and upcycling ideas. Nothing is more comfortable than a t-shirt and there's no reason a growing stomach has to put an end to your comfort. These are perfect!
- Big Tee to Maternity TeeReshape a large shirt to give it the perfect fit for your body. It's comfy, easy to make, and stylish too. Plus, it's budget-friendly.
- Big Ugly Shirt Refashioned Into Maternity TopAnother way to use what you have, this clever tutorial will show you how to go from drab to fab with your maternity clothing.
- How to Sew Your Own Maternity ShirtIf you're about to be a mommy, chances are you're looking for a new wardrobe. That's where this DIY maternity shirt comes in.
- Maternity Tank and ShortsNot only do you get a tutorial for a super stylish and comfortable tank top but it comes with a shorts pattern too. Perfect!
- Refashioned Maternity CardiganFor those chilly days, you will certainly want to have a cardigan that fits well. This is a great upcycled cardigan that you'll love.
- Mommy's Favorite Maternity ShirtThis DIY maternity tutorial is perfect for making a regular long shirt into what will soon be Mommy's Favorite Maternity Shirt.
- Asymmetrical Tunic SweaterTunics are some of the most flattering designs around, and this pattern is no different. It's truly gorgeous, warm, and covers all.
Check out our free eBook for more DIY clothing. Get it here: 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses free eBook
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Make Mommy Happy 30 Minute Dress
23 Maternity Style Ideas
DIY Breastfeeding Hoodie
Comfy Mama DIY Maternity Skirt
Convert a Shirt: Maternity Tunic
Easy Maternity Jeans
Breezy Trapeze Dress Tutorial
Washable and Reusable Nursing Pads
Lace Trimmed Maternity Belly Bands
Two-Piece Nursing Free Dress Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 10 Designer Sewing Patterns
- Ribbon Band DIY Pattern Weights
- Patchwork Fabric Basket Pattern
- Remona from The Stitching Scientist
- Beautiful Bows Child’s Headband Sewing Pattern
- Stuffed Owls Sewing Pattern
- Playing Card Holder Pattern
- DIY Pillow Pet-Inspired Puppy Plush
- Clippable and Zippable Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- PDF Patterns: Sewing Tips and Tricks
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners