- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
DIY Dryer Top Ironing Pad
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
If you have limited space in your home, this DIY Dryer Top Ironing Pad is the perfect way to have all the convenience of an ironing board without the clunky equipment. This free sewing pattern would make a great gift for a friend who lives in a smaller abode, as well. It is small and portable in size so you can just roll it up and stick it in a corner. If you're in an apartment, this homemade ironing board is easily portable and takes up very little space! In under an hour, you will have a homemade ironing board.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Read NextPortable Sewing Station
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 25, 2017
I am so excited to see this dryer ironing pad because I do not like to bring out the big bulky one for just pressing a small project. I never would have imagined to use the dryer top. This is such a quick project to make and not very expensive and will be used a lot and so clever to put the padding on back so it will not slip. I love that it is portable and I can take it with me when traveling with a portable mini iron. Thanks fot the easy to follow tutorial.
Mar 28, 2017
This dryer top ironing pad is not only great for quick pressing but protects the top of the dryer from dings and scratches. Great tutorial on how to make one out of just a few materials. The fact that the pad is easily portable is great for apartment living where space may be a premium.
Jan 18, 2017
Bravo for this great idea! I am truly impressed by how clever this is and how easy it is going to be to make it. I was stumped for a while by the "cabinet liner" but I am guessing that it is what I've always called shelf liner or drawer liner. Am I righr?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial
Looking for a breezy and stylish top for spring? You'll love wearing this simple and flowy top that's perfect for layering with comfy… Continue reading: "Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners