This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Handmade Pincushion and Pattern Weights Set
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"This handmade pincushion and pattern weight set is an easy sewing project that makes a great gift for a fellow sewist and quilter, and it’s also a wonderful way to use up scraps from jelly rolls, fabric strips, or other projects. I customized my version with iron-on using the Cricut EasyPress Mini.
Finished Sizes: Pincushion: Approximately 2.5” (6.5 cm) diameter. Pattern weights: 2” (5 cm) square before stuffing.
Tools: Sewing machine. Rotary cutter, cutting mat, and acrylic ruler; or fabric scissors, acrylic ruler, and fabric marker. Cricut Explore series or Cricut Maker with StandardGrip Mat and Cricut Weeder (optional). Cricut EasyPress Mini and iron-safe surface (optional). Clover Wonder Clips. Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, etc.).
Materials: 100% cotton fabric scraps in 2 colors – I used pieces from 2 jelly roll strips but you can also use pieces from 2 fat quarters or fabric scraps. See instructions for cut list. Cotton thread and monofiliment (“invisible”) thread. Fairfield Poly-Fil Poly-Pellets Weighted Stuffing Beads. Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Filling. Cricut Iron-On (I used Cricut Foil Iron-On in Light Gold), or iron-on letters (optional). Clover Create-a-Pinchusion in Ivory. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextSewing Caddy
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Easily Maintained Market Totes
What is it that makes these Easily Maintained Market Totes so user-friendly? For one thing, these DIY bags are reusable, meaning that… Continue reading: "Easily Maintained Market Totes"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- Free Curved Top Zipper Pouch Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners