Recycled Sweater Mitten Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to make mittens with this fun tutorial that shows you how to recycle an old sweater to create an adorable pair of mittens. Your hands will be toasty and your winter accessorizing adorable while staying thrifty. Just like Bernie, who wore some upcycled sweater mittens at the 2021 inauguration and instantly became a meme.
This easy mitten pattern has step-by-step photos and full instructions, plus tips on how to adjust the sizes you'll need for everyone in the family! Stay warm this winter and look adorable when you learn how to make sweater mittens with this stylish tutorial.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Complete the look with a warm flannel face mask.
This page will walk you through making one >> Flannel Fabric Face Mask Tutorial
It all depends on what sweater design you have to upcycle. You can get about two to three mittens from each sweater (depending on the size), which means that you can make a lot with few materials.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make a bedside organizer and leave your nightstand uncluttered with books and magazines. This bedside pocket organizer is an easy… Continue reading: "How to Make a Bedside Organizer"
- Ravishing Peplum Refashion
- 35+ Refashioning Projects for Refashionistas
- Diy Men’s Shirt To Dress Refashion Tutorial
- 15 Minute Lacy Blazer
- Denim Fabric Basket Tutorial
- Sunhat From Placemats
- Funky Pencil Cases from Jeans
- Sweatshirt Liposuction
- Pillowcase Tote Bag Tutorial
- Simple Upcycled Cardigan Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Pillow Insert
- Garden Kneeler
- Summer Top From A Men's Shirt Refashion
- Easy Long Cardigan
- 7 Types of Embroidery
- How To Make The Easiest Tassels Ever
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Womens Cowl Sweatshirt
- Girls Romper Pattern
- Diy Princess In Black Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners