Recycled Sweater Mitten Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to make mittens with this fun tutorial that shows you how to recycle an old sweater to create an adorable pair of mittens. Your hands will be toasty and your winter accessorizing adorable while staying thrifty. Just like Bernie, who wore some upcycled sweater mittens at the 2021 inauguration and instantly became a meme.
This easy mitten pattern has step-by-step photos and full instructions, plus tips on how to adjust the sizes you'll need for everyone in the family! Stay warm this winter and look adorable when you learn how to make sweater mittens with this stylish tutorial.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Complete the look with a warm flannel face mask.
This page will walk you through making one >> Flannel Fabric Face Mask Tutorial
It all depends on what sweater design you have to upcycle. You can get about two to three mittens from each sweater (depending on the size), which means that you can make a lot with few materials.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great homemade gift idea, this homemade slipper pattern will do the trick. Easily created from an old pair of… Continue reading: "How to Make Slippers From Jeans"
- How to Make Slippers From Jeans
- 10-Minute DIY Toiletry Bag Tutorial
- Lace Up Sweatshirt Refashion
- 20 Minute Shirt to Skirt
- Thrifted 80s Suit Refashion
- Upcycled Palm Leaf DIY Clutch
- Refashion Dress with Grommet Laces
- Retro Relaxation Aromatherapy Pillows
- Chiffon T-Shirt Refashion
- Sunhat From Placemats
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Summer Tunic Free Pattern
- Balloon Sleeve Puffy Top Sewing Tutorial
- Free Upcycled Baby Shoes Pattern
- Diy Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- Diy Travel Toothbrush Roll Bag
- Free Popsicle Holder Sewing Pattern
- Beach Towel Bag Sewing Tutorial
- Make A Cat Hammock In 30 Minutes
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners