- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Botanical Confetti Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
The Botanical Collection is inspired by some of the many beautiful antique botanical illustrations in the Snow Leopard archive. These botanical illustrations by the best 19th Century artists of the day inspire works like this Botanical Confetti Quilt.
- Thirty-two 10” (25.4cm) squares of FreeSpirit Botanical print fabrics by Snow Leopard Design– one of each print (Alternatively you can purchase ¼ yard (22.86cm) or one fat quarter of each print)
- ¼ yard (22.86cm) of each of the following FreeSpirit Designer Essential Solids:
Almond Pink (CSFSESS.ALMPK)
- 3/4 yards (68.6cm) FreeSpirit Designer Solid Fuchsia
- (CSFSESS.FUCHS), includes binding
- 3 1/8 yards (285.8cm) backing fabric
- 55” x 55” (140 x 140cm) piece quilt batting
- Coordinating Coats & Clark Dual Duty XP® all-purpose thread to match
- Optional: Quilting thread to match fabrics
- Sewing Machine
- Needle and pins
- Ruler and fabric marking pen or pencil
- Optional: Rotary cutter, mat and ruler
Note: All seams are ¼” (.64 cm) unless otherwise noted.
- Cut each 10” (25.4cm) block as follows:
- Cut one 2 ½” (6.35cm)–wide strip from one side. Cut another shorter 2 ½” (6.35cm) strip-wide strip from an adjacent side leaving a 7 ½” (19cm) square.
- From the strips, cut four 2 ½” (6.35cm) squares, cut each square in half diagonally to make two small triangles. Cut two 2 1/4” (5.7cm) squares.
- Cut the large square in half diagonally to make two large triangles.
- From the designer solids, cut the following squares:
Cut 3 7/8” (9.84cm) squares. Cut half diagonally to make two medium triangles.
Cut 2 ½” (6.35cm) squares. Cut in half diagonally to make two small triangles.
Fabric 3-7/8”(9.84cm) Squares 2 ½” (6.35cm) Squares
Maize: 3 12
Kiwi: 4 14
Tango: 4 16
Fuchsia: 4 14
Almond Pink: 4 16
Sky: 4 14
Lavendar: 4 14
Yellow: 4 14
Grass: 3 12
Cut six 2 ½” (6.35cm)-wide crosswise strips from fuchsia for the binding.
Stitch all seams right sides together using ¼” (.64cm) seam allowances.
- For each block, you will need one large print triangle and four small print triangles, one print square, one solid medium triangle and four small solid triangles. Follow the photo for suggested color combinations or choose your own.
- Stitch each print small triangle to a solid small triangle along the long edges to make a square.
- Stitch the patchwork squares together in pairs.
- Stitch a square to the end of one pair. Stitch solid triangles to the ends of the pairs.
- Stitch the pair of patchwork squares to one short edge of the medium triangle. Stitch the remaining pair with the square to the other short edge and the patchwork square.
- Stitch the patchwork triangle to the large print triangle to make a square. If necessary trim the edge of the small square even with the edges of the block.
- Arrange the squares in eight rows of eight blocks following the photo for suggested color placement or make your own arrangement.
- Stitch the squares in each row together. Press the seams toward the top in the even rows. Press the seams toward the bottom in the odd rows.
- Stitch the rows together in pairs matching the seams. Then stitch the four pairs of rows together as shown in the photo to complete the quilt top.
- Layer, Quilt and Bind.
Read NextSweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- How to Square Up a Block Tutorial
- Scrappy Flora Easy Quilt Tutorial
- Mini Bear's Paw Quilt
- Simple Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Tutorial
- Easy Square In A Square Quilt Block
- 45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners
- Easy Peasy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Coffee Table Quilt
- 16 Patterns for Baby Quilts
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners