Adding Piping to a Flap or Collar: The Easy Way
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This is the easiest way I know of adding piping to a flap or a collar. You can use this technique to make an iconic Chanel-inspired jacket, a sophisticated set of silk pajamas or even cushions. When I was in design school, the thought of adding piping to a collar or to a pocket filled me with horror and I would often result in many sleepless nights trying to finish a garment. That was until, I found this much better way to do it and this is what I am going to share with you here today. I've created a little practice tutorial if you want to get comfortable with the technique. Of course, if you're going to use the technique on a sewing project, you will need the corresponding materials. The short list below is only if you want to try out the method and practice."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners