This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"Learn how to make a cushion from men's old shirts. The button placket forms the back closure, so this pillow is quick and easy to sew."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Read NextVintage Embroidered Pillow Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 13, 2018
This is a really good idea. Imagine how soft and cozy the shirts feel from frequent washing, too. I also like how the button down front of one shirt is integrated so that a pillow insert can be used and removed if the pillow case needs washing.
Mar 02, 2017
What a super Cool cushion/pillow this beauty is and it is made with strips of men's shirts. How neat is that and look at the button plackets taken from a button down shirt that you cut and sew on the pillow so you can use it to open and close the pillow for washing. I like the convience of buttons or zippers on pillows because you can take insert out and wash the covers but sometimes I do not want to sew them on so I just close the pillow. I love love the quilted look of the pillow. It makes it look unique. This may take a little more patience but the tutorial is easy to follow and well worth it. A great memory pillow to make too. And do not forget you are recycling too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easily Maintained Market Totes
What is it that makes these Easily Maintained Market Totes so user-friendly? For one thing, these DIY bags are reusable, meaning that… Continue reading: "Easily Maintained Market Totes"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- Free Curved Top Zipper Pouch Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners