DIY Rustic Checkers Game
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
With this DIY Rustic Checkers Game, you can easily create and take old-school fun with you wherever you go - even outdoors! This cute tutorial will show you how to sew a toy you can take with you on a hiking trip, a biking trip, or just a trip to your backyard. Additionally, you can use this pattern as a rustic decoration in your home. This simple and easy sewing pattern is the perfect project for beginners because it's short, sweet, and easy to follow. Add some cute little wood slices as checkers pieces, and enjoy playing this beloved game with your friends and family on a nice sunny day outdoors.
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to complete: In an evening
Sewn by: Either Hand or Machine
- Black and white checked fabric, cut to eight-and-a-half squares by eight-and-a-half squares
- Sixteen small wood rounds
- Black and white craft paint and a small brush
- 26" of leather cord
- Safety pin
- Start by making the casing for the leather cord. Working on the wrong side of the fabric, pin back all four edges with a half-inch inseam.
- It's helpful to snip away three of the corners. This way it is easier to thread the leather cord together.
- Make sure one corner is left "open." This is where the leather cord will come out.
- Stitch the casing in place.
- Attach a safety pin to one end of the leather cord, and carefully thread it through the casing on all four sides.
- To make the pieces, paint black circles on eight of the wood rounds, and white on the other eight.
- That's it! Cinch it closed with the leather ties when you're done playing.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Josephine Free Doll Pattern
- Sock Sloth Plushie Pattern
- Lua Sleep Sack for Dolls
- Lacy Dress DIY Doll Clothes
- Dump Truck Softie Pattern
- How to Make American Girl Doll Clothes: 16+ Free Doll Clothes Patterns
- 25+ Easy Stuffed Animal Patterns
- Insanely Smart Toy Bag
- Wallace the Whale
- American Girl Doll Clothes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 5 Minute Free Bag Pattern
- Little Girl Purse with Flap
- The Easiest DIY Bag on the Planet to Sew
- One Yard Dish Towel Tote Bag
- Easy Ruffle Apron
- Adult Bib Apron
- One Hour Free Apron Patterns
- Adjustable Kitchen Apron
- Basic Utility Free Apron Pattern
- Magic 8 Method Tutorial for Making HSTs