Plus Size Babydoll Blouse
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Most shirred garments DIY tutorial available online(as of writing) are for tube dresses, sling dresses or dresses with obscure sleeves. This is a tutorial on how to sew your own shirred babydoll blouse that has proper sleeves that provides good coverage of the shoulders and arms.It can be lengthened to make a dress or tunic. There are free PDF patterns from regular to plus sizes available for download in the tutorial post. It also teaches how to draw your own pattern to fit exact measurements or if you want to hack the pattern for modification. The tutorial does not touch on how to shirr, but it does provide a link to a very good video tutorial for that. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Thin to medium thickness woven fabric
- Elastic sewing thread
- Regular sewing thread
Print or draw pattern (both option available in tutorial post)
Cut out fabric pieces according to pattern
Sew bodice pieces to for front and back bodice
Shirr bust regions of front and back bodice
Cut and hem sleeve pieces
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress will make you look and feel so feminine and chic. This dress was inspired by a similar one from… Continue reading: "Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make The Cutest Mini Fabric Bin!
- Mason Jar Pincushion
- DIY Circle Swimsuit Cover Up
- Adorable Bakery Embroidery Pattern
- Upcycled Jeans Fabric Basket
- Why And How To Use Interfacing
- 16 Face Coverings to Sew
- DIY Coffee Cozy with Photograph
- DIY T-Shirt Dress
- Colorful Washable Rug DIY
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners