This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Plus Size Babydoll Blouse
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Most shirred garments DIY tutorial available online(as of writing) are for tube dresses, sling dresses or dresses with obscure sleeves. This is a tutorial on how to sew your own shirred babydoll blouse that has proper sleeves that provides good coverage of the shoulders and arms.It can be lengthened to make a dress or tunic. There are free PDF patterns from regular to plus sizes available for download in the tutorial post. It also teaches how to draw your own pattern to fit exact measurements or if you want to hack the pattern for modification. The tutorial does not touch on how to shirr, but it does provide a link to a very good video tutorial for that. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Thin to medium thickness woven fabric
- Elastic sewing thread
- Regular sewing thread
Print or draw pattern (both option available in tutorial post)
Cut out fabric pieces according to pattern
Sew bodice pieces to for front and back bodice
Shirr bust regions of front and back bodice
Cut and hem sleeve pieces
Read NextAsymmetrical Tunic Sweater
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Sensory Mat Tutorial
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners