This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Box Pleat Valance On A Rod
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Make a box pleat valance on a rod instead of a board with this simple sewing tutorial. The end result is an elegant curtain that hangs naturally and can be moved around as needed (which you can't get with a board). Your friends will be wondering where you got such a nice bathroom accessory.
Choose your fabric, your lining, and your fringe, then measure your window and get started. You can finish this easy sewing project in one evening, and you don't even need to use a pattern.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
For more ideas on how to sew curtains, check out these
Read NextKitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 29, 2018
Very pretty and I really like that it doesn't have to be fitted to a board which would require the services of the man of the house who is currently rushed off his feet with our sun room makeover. This will be for the childrens bathroom so instead of the fringe I will use a row of brightly colored pompoms for a bit of fun.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket
With the Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket you'll never be in need of a baby shower gift again. Made from just two pieces of flannel… Continue reading: "Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners