Hip Bag For Baby-wearing
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Even though Miles weighs 34 pounds now, I still "babywear" him every chance I get. I wear my carrier around my waist when we hike together so that when he gets tired of walking, I can just sling him on my back (he's too heavy for me to wear comfortably on the front anymore). The carrier I use [affiliate link] can hold up to 60 pounds, so as long as he wants a ride, I'm ready! I can't use our diaper bag when I wear him, though (it's backpack style). I don't like managing the extra straps of a shoulder bag when he's already on my back. And the carrier makes it tough to keep things in my pockets, so when it comes to my phone and keys, I usually stick them between the waistband and my body (which obviously isn't that secure or comfortable). This is a very simple tutorial showing how to add elastic loops to the back of a small makeup bag. The waistband of the carrier can be threaded through these loops, and the bag worn on your hip while walking, adventuring, or hiking. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Measure and cut two lengths of elastic that will fit vertically on the bag.
Fold over each end of the elastic, and attach to the bag using the appropriate method.
Slip your waistband through to wear.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Give your little one something to tumble around with during playtime with this Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern. Baby sewing projects… Continue reading: "Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Add Reverse Applique To Your Projects
- 5 Easy Ways To Gather Fabric
- Pattern For A Baby Bib With Square Corners
- Coats & Clark
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Elastic Waist Linen Shorts Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Diy Harvest Apron
- Diy Reusable Duster Cloths
- Learn Three Visible Mending Techniques
- Visible Mending: Sewing Guide
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners