How To Sew Face Mask For Hospitals
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"These masks are easy to make, and the pattern I will share is great for pros and beginners. Learn how to sew a super simple surgical face mask from fabric with this easy step by step tutorial! The instructions are simple, so keep reading for more.
Note: ability of homemade masks to protect against viruses is unknown. However, in the light of the current face masks shortage, when all compliant supplies have been exhausted, the CDC allows the healthcare providers to use homemade masks as a last resort option. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- fabric – 2 pieces 9″x 7″ cotton
- elastic – 1/8″ or 1/4″ flat elastic 2 pieces x 7″ long each
- rotary cutter and cutting mat (or just scissors)
- sewing machine (optional)
- printable instructions with pattern (optional, download for free from hellosewing)
Cut the fabric to size
Pin one piece of elastic to one of the short sides of the fabric, then repeat for the other side
Pin the second fabric on top
Sew around the mask and leave an opening for turning
Turn the mask around
Make three tucks and stitch them in place
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This… Continue reading: "Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Baby Doll Clothes
- Fat Quarter Kid Apron Tutorial
- Sew Four Easy Bookmarks With A Free Pattern
- Origami Bag / Free Pattern With 4 Sizes
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Summer Tunic Free Pattern
- Balloon Sleeve Puffy Top Sewing Tutorial
- Free Upcycled Baby Shoes Pattern
- Diy Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- Diy Travel Toothbrush Roll Bag
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners