Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Vintage Handkerchief Free Apron Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
This darling Vintage Handkerchief Free Apron Pattern is a great way to show off pretty handkerchiefs! It would be a great hostess or family gift as well. Learn how to make an apron on a budget that would put Betty Crocker and Betty Draper's kitchen chic to shame with this free apron pattern.
All you need to make this DIY apron idea is some old handkerchiefs and you are set to go. If you do not have scrap handkerchiefs laying around, you could easily make this from scraps or fat quarters too!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Find this beautiful apron and more retro patterns you'll love in our collection of 28 Free Vintage Apron Patterns
Read NextEasy Patchwork Aprons
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 28, 2018
I have so many handkerchiefs from my mother that have been sitting in a box in my closet for YEARS. I just didn't know what to do with them! Finally, here's a way to make them functional, fun, and trendy. I need an apron, and now I can have one without having to buy any new fabrics )
May 10, 2018
I would love to wear this around the kitchen. Honestly, I probably wouldn't take it off.
Jan 16, 2017
I have never seen this idea before and I love it! A possible alternative for a teen might be using the front of t-shirts that have seen better days, or even the backs, that display clubs and events from their school days, like the similar quilts do. But the flow of these hankies give a nice feminine flow! Cute idea, thanks for sharing!
Oct 06, 2016
Oh my goodness, this is absolutely adorable! I don't normally wear an apron when I cook, but this makes me want to start.
Apr 23, 2016
I love to give aprons as gifts because I think people would use them more if they actually had an apron hanging in their kitchen. Pretty aprons like this one made from vintage hankies would be perfect for special occasions, I can see some vintage Christmas hankies or perhaps some in fall colors for Thanksgiving. The pattern is very simple and would be a thoughtful gift for a sister or best friend.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
One-Hour Water Bottle Bag
Sustainable water bottles help you stay hydrated and help you avoid having to purchase bottle after bottle. Plus, with water by your… Continue reading: "One-Hour Water Bottle Bag"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners