This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Draw Strap Back Pack
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Create a more comfortable drawstring backpack by making straps instead of using string. Straps won't dig into your shoulders like string or rope will. This pattern is made for beginning sewists in mind, because it uses basic straight line cutting & stitching. The free pattern is included. Personalize your back pack to included all the pockets you need on the inside and outside. With the cost of only thread and 1½ yards of fabric, you can make a unique backpack for less than one at the store.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Usual sewing tools & machine
- Optional: rotary cutter and mat
- 1½ yards of fabric & thread to match
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners