Fold Over Tote Bag Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to upcycle a tote bag pattern or simple tote bag you already have into a bag you can easily use as an everyday purse. With some extra hardware and some extra style, the Fold Over Tote Bag Pattern shows you how to update a plain canvas tote bag into something that looks hip and store-bought. All you need for this easy sewing project is some faux leather and basic purse hardware that you can find at any craft supply store. This sewing project for beginners will take you about a few hours to complete and only takes a few yards of faux leather.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
If you need a tote bag pattern to complete this project, try one of our 18 How to Make a Tote Bag Ideas first!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for a DIY home decor piece to absolutely pop in your kitchen or living room? This gorgeous Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair is… Continue reading: "Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair"
- 30 Minute Reversible Bag
- Half Hour Circle Stitch Clutch
- Two Fat Quarter Coin Purse Pattern
- Fancy Drawstring Wristlet
- Zipper Top Tote – Free Bag Pattern
- Cross-Body Placemat Bag
- Leather Bow Free Purse Patterns
- Diy Dog Waste Bag Holder Or Treat Holder
- Upcycled Denim Triangle Bag
- Faux Suede and Snakeskin Purse
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mitered Corners
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- 22 Easter Projects To Sew
- Make Your Own Dress: 4 Spring Dresses for Women
- Upcycled Sweater Wine Gift Bag
- Upcycled Denim Hanging Baskets
- Bargello Placemats
- Easy To Make Flannel Blanket
- Diy Anna Frozen 2 Cloak
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners