Fold Over Tote Bag Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to upcycle a tote bag pattern or simple tote bag you already have into a bag you can easily use as an everyday purse. With some extra hardware and some extra style, the Fold Over Tote Bag Pattern shows you how to update a plain canvas tote bag into something that looks hip and store-bought. All you need for this easy sewing project is some faux leather and basic purse hardware that you can find at any craft supply store. This sewing project for beginners will take you about a few hours to complete and only takes a few yards of faux leather.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
If you need a tote bag pattern to complete this project, try one of our 18 How to Make a Tote Bag Ideas first!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great homemade gift idea, this homemade slipper pattern will do the trick. Easily created from an old pair of… Continue reading: "How to Make Slippers From Jeans"
- Free Ladybug Tote Bag Pattern
- "Sewing Bags: Tutorials You'll Love & 15 Free Purse Sewing Patterns" eBook
- Super-Organizing DIY Tote Bag
- Patchwork Fabric Basket Pattern
- Kantha Inspired Tote Bag Tutorial
- Bow Backpack
- Basic Purse Organizer
- 30 Minute Reversible Bag
- How to Organize Your Purse
- Polka Dot DIY Zipper Pouch
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Draft Your Own Pj Pants Pattern
- Felt Heart Garland
- Easy Cosmetics Bag Pattern
- Logs Caddy
- Heart Shaped Pot Holders
- How To Choose Fabric For Sewing Clothing
- Tips To Sew Sweater Knit
- How To Sew An Invisible Zipper In A Pillow
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners