- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Basics and Tutorials
Learn all of the sewing basics like how to gather fabric and how to thread a sewing machine. With so many sewing for beginners guides, along with easy tutorials and more, you will be ready to expand your sewing skills quickly or at your own pace. Whether you need to learn a beginner skill like how to sew a button or want to master every technique, such as understanding how to use elastic, we've got you covered.
For more tutorials like these, sign up for our Sewing it Up newsletter.
Sort Results By:
Sewing Basics: Precut Fabric Sizes
How to End a Sewing Stitch
How to Grade Patterns for Plus Size
How To Use The Overcasting Stitches
How to Thread a Needle for Hand Sewing
Sew A Zipper On Jeans
How To Shorten A Zipper
Fabric Key Fob
Jeans Hemming Tutorial for Beginners
Project of the Day
Portable Sewing Station
There is nothing worse than trying to juggle your pin cushion, scissors, needles, buttons, and other sewing must-haves while trying to… Continue reading: "Portable Sewing Station"
- How to Use Sewing Patterns
- Hand Sewing Practice Sheets
- How to Do Basic Clothing Alterations
- How to Sew a One Hole Button
- How to End a Sewing Stitch
- Shibori Inspired Denim Bookmarks
- Sewing Machine Paper Practice Sheets
- How to Sharpen Sewing Scissors
- How to Resize a Bra
- 10 Best Sewing YouTube Channels
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners