- see all comments
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
"I have just downloaded the pattern CARDINAL QUILT Designed by Marie Duncan CCQ0502-031950M and am questioning the gold beak and black face area. There is no instruction as to how to do it."
Darling DIY Christmas Pillows in 30 Minutes
Need ideas for sewing Christmas pillows? For the most festive pillows fast, check out these amazing DIY Christmas throw pillows with our full tutorial.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Are you looking for a holiday home decor project? Try sewing these Darling DIY Christmas Pillows in 30 Minutes!
Each simple DIY decorative pillow will take 30 minutes or less to make, using budget-friendly materials like felt.
You can choose between three different designs: the golden star, the Christmas tree, or the joy pillow. Or, in true holiday spirit, try making all three styles to add a truly festive flair to your decor.
No matter which ones you choose to make, these adorable pillows will be lovely additions to your home this winter.
Not only is this DIY Christmas sewing project quick and thrifty, but you can use these ideas to get creative with other concepts or embellishments. The only limit is your imagination and festive spirit. We know you've got this.
Sign Up For More Free Patterns
Learn how to make a pillow that fits your decor with these gorgeous designs.
>> 60+ Decorative Pillow Patterns
Darling DIY Christmas Pillows
• Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo (12" x 12")
• RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears for Tabletop Cutting (8")
• RazorEdge™ Micro-Tip® Easy Action™ Shears (6")
• Fabric Marker
• Fabric Glue
• Pillow insert
• Pillow stuffing
• Sewing machine
• Basic sewing supplies
Skill Level: Easy
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to Complete: In an Evening
Sewn By: Machine
If you're looking for more Christmas sewing projects, then check out this eBook.
>> The Sewn Christmas Gifts Guide Free eBook
30-Minute DIY Christmas Pillows Instructions:
DIY Joy Pillow:
- Use the RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears for Tabletop Cutting to cut a swatch of felt slightly larger than the pillow you intend to make, and use a fabric marker to trace and handwrite the word “joy” onto the center of the felt.
These shears are great for making smooth cuts all along the table because of their unique handle design. The fabric will remain flat on the table for improved accuracy.
- Place the Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo on top of the felt and trim your pillow face to the size you need to cover your pillow. Make sure to account for your seam allowance.
This tool is so easy to use as its all-in-one design allows for quick, accurate cuts. Plus, the grid lines are easily visible on light or dark fabrics.
- Cut a second piece of felt to the same dimensions to create the back to your pillow cover. Pin the pieces together, right sides facing each other, and sew around three sides.
- Turn the pillow right side out and insert your pillow form. Finish the cover by hand stitching the open side closed.
DIY Christmas Tree Pillow:
- First, layer two pieces of green felt on top of each other and fold in the center vertically. Use scissors to cut all four layers of the felt on an angle.
- Cut two small rectangles from yellow or brown felt to make the base of the Christmas tree. Sew the pieces of felt together, leaving a small gap at the bottom to insert stuffing.
- Turn the pillow right side out so that the seams are inside, and add stuffing. Once the pillow has been stuffed, sew the pillow shut.
- Now, it’s time to add embellishments to the pillow with fun colors and jewels. Use the RazorEdge™ Easy Action™ Micro-Tip Scissors to cut tiny circles from various bright colors of felt.
These detail-tip scissors are great for cutting intricate pieces. Adhere the cut felt circles and some jewels onto the pillow using a strong fabric adhesive.
DIY Star Pillow:
- Use your scissors again to cut gold fabric along a printed star template. Two fabric stars will need to be cut for this project.
- Sew around the edges of the pillow and trim off the excess fabric hangover. Keep one side open so that you can insert stuffing.
- Once you have filled the pillow, sew the open side shut.
About the Company:
This article originally appeared on the Fiskars site. Learn more about Fiskars and what else this company has shared on AllFreeSewing by visiting the company profile here: Fiskars
37 Quick Christmas Decorations to Sew >>
What is your favorite part about the holiday season?
Let us know in the comments!
Read NextStars of Wonder Christmas Mug Rug
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 20, 2017
Holiday pillow shapes are fun to make. Easy sewing for the star, Joy and holiday tree ideas. Rather than write the festive word Joy or some other holiday note using a permanent fabric marker it might be nice to embroider a simple stem stitch by hand or free motion stitch by machine to display the simple sentiment on the pillow fabric.
Aug 21, 2017
I love to make pillows, especially as gifts, which can not only be used as pretty decor accents, but as comfy travel pillows. For the first joy pillow an alternative option to a pillow form, is using stuffing, the poly fiberfill as used in the other two,pillows. This is especially helpful is you have a certain amount of fabric that isn't enough for a store bought form. For the tree, you could go for a more decorative form, sewing or gluing little jewels or sequins as well as ric rac for garland. So many creative options!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Letting Out Pants
If you've ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show… Continue reading: "Letting Out Pants"
- Stars of Wonder Christmas Mug Rug
- Reuseable Fabric Gift Bags
- Christmas Fabric Wreath Tutorial
- Darling DIY Christmas Pillows
- 10 Festive No-Sew Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Tree Decorations
- Christmas Quilted Table Runner
- DIY Braided Christmas Wreath Tutorial
- Scrappy Christmas Elves
- Simple No-Sew Fabric Angels
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners